WTF is going on in Texas?

ihprstl

As the official spokesperson for the VC Jews and Jews in general, I say no sir.

for the record: sarcasm ;D <3

Indeed sir, indeed. ;D

As the official spokesperson for the VC Jews and Jews in general, I say no sir.

it all makes sense to me now...

I'm sure it does. It would explain my wealth and good looks.

Disagree, I did 4 years in the military and have experienced "about to be shipped off" before....just because one guy can't handle it doesn't mean you can paint the whole military that way. People who use this incident for an anti-war platform are wrong, and don't know what they are talking about.

Disagree, I did 4 years in the military and have experienced "about to be shipped off" before....just because one guy can't handle it doesn't mean you can paint the whole military that way. People who use this incident for an anti-war platform are wrong, and don't know what they are talking about.

There's a lot more fodder for being anti-war than this isolated incident from a deranged man.

There's a lot more fodder for being anti-war than this isolated incident from a deranged man.

I agree with you there.

But how many people commit suicide in the military? You can't tell me that's not related.

I agree with you there.

If you don't mind, when, where, and why did you enlist?

Just to clarify, I'm not saying that I am anti-war, but I am agreeing that there are valid anti-war reasons.

I enlisted in May 2001 when I was 18, mainly to gain some sort of career path as I wasn't really going anywhere working in a grocery store. Did my 4 years and came out with a good job in the same job field and the GI bill, amongst other benefits.

For the past 3 years, I've been working for the Marine Corps and deploying 200 days or so a year to many different places and training regular Marines and special forces in my skill set. It gives a very good perspective on current operations, because while their training / job does involve killing bad guys, it just as much involves things like NOT killing good guys, humanitarian efforts, and generally helping and showing compassion toward the Afghan people. Which is tough when you are continually dodging potshots and IEDs.

Everyone is dancing around the fact that this guy is clearly Muslim. Perhaps that's part of the reason he doesn't want to go to Iraq. There's also the other, more awful possibility that he's a terrorist. Who knows. My thoughts and prayers are with these folks and their families. Hope your buddy is ok idlehero.