moving boxes for records?

Indyboxes.net

Bagsunlimited.com

13x13x13 are perfect. Give youenough room to pad the bottom and sides. Heavy as hell when you move em, but solid as a fucking rock and re-usable when you're done

don't know if i don't understand correctly but on bagsunlimited 2 boxes costs 18.40 and on indyboxes it costs 32.30 for 25 boxes, but it says on the website that it's only indianapolis delivery or pick up for this size :(

If you're the only one handling them (i.e. not 'professional' movers), go to a liquor store and get yourself some empty boxes (most are the right size, bring a junk LP cover to compare). They aren't too big, so filling them won't break your back. Like Justin recommended, throw some padding in for safe measure and throw some extra tape along the bottom for reinforcement. I've moved four times since I've started collecting and I've never had any damages.

most likely, at my friend's appartment for now (in quebec city). she needs to talk to her roomate about it, she is going to get back at me soon. i'm moving there the time i find another appartment or i may buy myself a westfalia and get away for a couple of months, just live on the road, which is something i've been wanting to do for a while and now is the perfect time i think (i may do it after winter). also, i need to sell my fridge, oven, etc..

i can't wait for all of this nightmare to be over, oh and i forgot to mention that my gf and i broke up. that's the main reason of everything happening right now.

Go to U-Haul and they have a small box that perfectly fits records. It's literally a perfect fit, and if you're the only one moving them, you can make sure to treat the box nicely. It's about a $1 a box, and they sell them individually. each box holds close to 50 records I believe. I've used these boxes during every move I've ever had in the last 13 years, and never had an issue.

This is going to sound weird, but: check the local elementary school (or Craigslist even) and ask if they have any laptop boxes they don't want. We have gotten over 300 for free from our local elementary school and they are amazing. Good cardboard, 16X14 and they are foam padded completely perfectly for a 12x12 record...I mean laptop. Seriously, these are the boxes Buddha would move his records in.

I recently moved and transported all my records in free Post Office Plastic tubs. Just go to your post office and ask for about 4 of them. That should easily fit all your records, make it so they aren't too heavy to lift, and be a lot more sturdier than cardboard.

The best part about it is that they are FREE. Just be nice and return them when you are done.

Edit: Here is the link to the post I made for this before I moved

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39297&start=0

thanks for the help everybody! so i just came back from a few liquor stores and got a few boxes, the records fit good in it but i'm not sure if i can trust these, i glued bubble wrap inside one box and i'm still not sure if i'll use this method.

roadmonkey: those plastic boxes from usps look great! do they come with a cover on top? how are they called? because i will call canada post today to see if they have some, even tho i doubt they will.