Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace

Guest scriptedrain

I remember a long time ago (beginning of the board in June), Virgil made a comment about leaks and I thought it was something to the effect of he didn't want the board to go down that path. I could be wrong, I just want to make sure. Obviously sharing leaks and music is a no-no, but I don't know if he wants us talking about leaks either. Nothing against you or anyone else, just want to get the official word.

- Jeff

i think that was in reference to posting links to download leaks. talk is talk.

the record is slow and goes into a 70s rock route for while. its the kind of record that will either grow on you for what it is or you will listen to for the pretender and forget about much of the rest.

well, ive only listened to it once, so thats my knee-jerk reaction to it. theres one song on it that would be so sick as a rock tune, but they decide to play it acoustically. that made me a bit mad. the songs are definitely solid, just lacking a bit of balls. as far as the 70s inspired songs, i couldnt help you there. never been big into that generation of music. overall, the release is solid, just not what i was expecting/hoping after hearing the pretender

Unfortunately i had the first one on vinyl when it came out but i selled it quickly, i was definitly not into FF, but now i'm listening them a lot and i'm sad to have not their first 3 lps (i think One By One and In Your Honor aren't so good...)...

The new one seem a way better than the last two, maybe i will buy it and will start to look for the first 3 in italian used stores (impossible look for them on ebay: crazy crazy prices!!!)