P.TM - American Ghetto - Los Angeles

Guest adam526

Guest adam526

The final details have been worked out. A friend and I will be hosting a Los Angeles listening party for American Ghetto on November 14th. Please email me at [email protected] to RSVP. I'm not going to check names or anything at my house, but we just want to have a good idea of how many people will be there. The address will be emailed to you once you've RSVP'd. Everyone is encouraged to come out and hear the new album, and to just hang out with fans in the area. This will all take place at my house in Glendale, a few moments from Hollywood and Downtown.

[image]

Guest adam526
its not a hip hop album haha, at all. you see a few of us started a promotional team, and we get rewarded with cool shit. the album sounds like a mix of its complicated and censored colors, bu recorded and mixed the same as satanic satanist. its a very good album.

This isn't because of that at all.

The album is built around a lot of samples. If you listen to Guns & Dogs from Satanic, you'll get a good idea of what this album is like.

Guest adam526
you guys have already heard it?

At their recent shows in Boston and NY they played it over the PA between bands. A few people in the UK have heard it with them, and a handful of us in LA heard it while we were in SF for the Outside Lands Show.

Guest adam526

A statement from Rich, their manager.

"American Ghetto" is the album that was recorded in April 2009 nshortly after the completion of "The Satanic Satanist". We have not spoke of it much since we had a lot of production that needed to be done on it. Like TSS before, this is a record with at it's core is simple pop songs (at least in the structure). The lyrics and the production are anything but simple. We have heard lots of comments of what this record is or is not. That is not for us to decide. That is for you to decide. We think it is great, but we might be biased. Yes it sounds more like "...Wizard" then it does TSS. But I would say the songwriting is much more like TSS then any other album.

P.TM do not only have one type of record in their record collections and we assume you do not either. We know our fans are music fans, not just P.TM fans and we trust that you will listen and make judgements on the music alone.

I know there has been talk about other listening parties. We will try hard to do them but I am not sure how to execute them yet. I live in Los Angeles so this is the logical first place to do it. We appreciate you more then you could possibly know. We have some extensive plans for 2010. It will be a busy year for us but I think it will be pretty great. I have already met many of you but I am looking to meet even more on Saturday. "

A statement from Rich, their manager.

"American Ghetto" is the album that was recorded in April 2009 nshortly after the completion of "The Satanic Satanist". We have not spoke of it much since we had a lot of production that needed to be done on it. Like TSS before, this is a record with at it's core is simple pop songs (at least in the structure). The lyrics and the production are anything but simple. We have heard lots of comments of what this record is or is not. That is not for us to decide. That is for you to decide. We think it is great, but we might be biased. Yes it sounds more like "...Wizard" then it does TSS. But I would say the songwriting is much more like TSS then any other album.

P.TM do not only have one type of record in their record collections and we assume you do not either. We know our fans are music fans, not just P.TM fans and we trust that you will listen and make judgements on the music alone.

I know there has been talk about other listening parties. We will try hard to do them but I am not sure how to execute them yet. I live in Los Angeles so this is the logical first place to do it. We appreciate you more then you could possibly know. We have some extensive plans for 2010. It will be a busy year for us but I think it will be pretty great. I have already met many of you but I am looking to meet even more on Saturday. "

Portugal. The Man: Employing the illiterate since 2004.

Guest adam526

It was fantastic.

-Listened to the album through a few times.

-Watched the Oregon City Sessions DVD on my makeshift movie screen.

-Watched 'the Sun' video.

-Watched some hi-def bootlegs from Bonnarroo and other shows.