Weezer: Chicago December 1st

endon6

Hey, I've been lurking on these boards for over a year and I'm over from N.Ireland in Chicago with my work at the minute. I've a big Weezer fan and never seen them before and spotted that they are playing the Aragon Ballroom on December 1st whilst I'm over. Problem is I don't drive and I'm staying about 30 mins away from the venue.

Around here

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=northbrook&sll=41.954129,-87.692871&sspn=0.077107,0.245132&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Northbrook,+Cook,+Illinois,+United+States&ll=42.094401,-87.874913&spn=0.002404,0.00766&t=h&z=18

I was wondering if there would be someone who was wanting to go living somewhere close by who'd be able to give me a ride to and from the concert? In exchange I'd happily pay for your ticket for the concert and a beer when we get there! It's probably a long shot but thought it was worth a try, better than just paying for a taxi!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the price of the ticket and a beer, why don't you call a taxi? Not trying to sound like a dick or anything, but with the prices of tickets and tax and all that, wouldn't it be cheaper? I would love to go, and I'm right near you, but I'm moving that weekend.

Hm, and the place I'm moving to is about 10 blocks from there.

I think from where I am it'd be a taxi to the train station then train to Union station then a taxi to concert then a taxi back out, taxi back on it's own would be around $60-$70 on it's own, from people that have got it before, think it's cause we're staying sorta outta the way!

I'll probably end up doing that, though it'd be better on the off chance, would rather get someone a ticket for the show than just pay for a taxi on my own!

For the price of the ticket and a beer, why don't you call a taxi? Not trying to sound like a dick or anything, but with the prices of tickets and tax and all that, wouldn't it be cheaper? I would love to go, and I'm right near you, but I'm moving that weekend.

yeah I'm about 12-13 blocks away...but I probably wouldn't even go to this if it was free...I don't think it'd be worth sitting through the insufferable crap songs this band has churned out for the last few records.

yeah I'm about 12-13 blocks away...but I probably wouldn't even go to this if it was free...I don't think it'd be worth sitting through the insufferable crap songs this band has churned out for the last few records.

Shit, where you at?

false

edit:

Scott,

I have a very low bullshit factor, so therefore I have little tolerance for formerly great bands to waste my time.

Dude, you're the guy who the other day was talking about how Motion City Soundtrack had done nothing good since their first EP, which came out eight years ago and wasn't distributed past the Midwest. I mean, c'mon. Everyone fits a stereotype, and this is yours.

Dude, you're the guy who the other day was talking about how Motion City Soundtrack had done nothing good since their first EP, which came out eight years ago and wasn't distributed past the Midwest. I mean, c'mon. Everyone fits a stereotype, and this is yours.

I said I liked the back to the beat ep better that IATM, but never kept up with their records after that. That's quite different than saying they had done nothing good beyond that EP.

If I got the records for free, like you do, I would have kept up with them too, so I laugh at your joke of pigeonholing my opinion.

Also they're on Epitaph...those records are available in the Midwest.

^sorry that was for the irish dude.

haha! cross conversations! argh!

but yeah if endon6 could take the metra into downtown...assuming to Union Station, run 2 blocks north to Ogilvie Station and take the Kenosha/Waukegan(Metra Union Pacific North Line) train to Ravenswood, then either walk the 5 block east or grab the 81 Bus to the Red Line station that would drop him off right in front of the Aragon.

I said I liked the back to the beat ep better that IATM, but never kept up with their records after that. That's quite different than saying they had done nothing good beyond that EP.

If I got the records for free, like you do, I would have kept up with them too, so I laugh at your joke of pigeonholing my opinion.

The EP in question came out on Modern Radio Records, not Epitaph. In fact, their first full-length was self-released, too (Epitaph re-released it in 2002).

The EP in question came out on Modern Radio Records, not Epitaph. In fact, their first full-length was self-released, too (Epitaph re-released it in 2002).

I am aware of this, I have the EP and the mock computer diskette packaged version of IATM...which I bought from the band...when I saw them play shows back when it came out...

I am aware of this, I have the EP and the mock computer diskette packaged version of IATM...which I bought from the band...when I saw them play shows back when it came out...

Okay?