The Killers - Hot Fuss - 12" - Blue Vinyl

barrettrecords

Guest ihateyou

i think, to "flip" something, one would need to make a profit. i paid about 25ish for it on these forums. If someone offers 25 or 30 w/ the best offer, i'd be losing money with ebay fees. and yea, i'm rich as hell for flipping an emery record that i've sold 3 of in 2 months and have a stack of probably 15ish left! haha what a joke.

still would like this record.

Guest ihateyou

those are just 2 examples that people can still find. ive seen you list things on ebay and put upin your big cartel store for absurd prices over the past few months. a lot of stuff anyone could have gotten for free at one time or another too! to me youve proven yourself to be a flipper, nothing more nothing less. youve had a few things i want but i refuse to buy them from you. i think flipping is selling something for more than the original retail price, at least 10 bucks higher. i obviously dont expect people to loose money selling stuff. those two records meet that. especially when you consider those emery picture discs were given away FOR FREE with preorders of their latest album! 25 bucks is more than what the cd cost if you bought it then or buy it now. if you have a stack of 15 of them even if you sell them for a penny technically thats a profit. the nfg/sh split cost 10 bucks originally. youre selling it for 5 times the original cost and double what you admitted paying for it. jackass!!

well, first, i'm not "selling" it for double. I listed it as double and no one has made an offer. how many people sell something for the price they bought it as, when its out of print? also the price is high because of the damn ebay fees. the emery records I paid for, got an offer from a friend to take them and I did. I think most people would agree that I sell things fairly cheap. although I'd like to make some sort of profit and then there are just things i buy and absolutly hate, and things I have many many many copies of. shoot me an offer, i'm sure you'd be surprised. don't always assume the worst about people.

im sure if you dig around you can find someone on ebay making more than a $5 profit on vinyl.

sit back chill, and have some pumpkin pie :)

I bought a sAs lp off of element for 8 bucks shipped some time ago. I'm sure the dude paid more than 3 or 4 bucks for the record. He more than likely lost money when he sold it to me. Records are only worth what someone is willing to pay. Let the dude sell his records and if you don't like the price don't buy them.

Almost blasted my coffee over everything, dude got called out!

how much does this thing normally go for?

Depends heavily on the version (US/UK/7" set/foil/no foil), usually between $60-$100 on the Bay. Hackman should have priced his US version at $60 to sell it within a few days.

I've got a first press numbered OG press (Lizard King) if someone is ready to drop the $. Flippers welcome.

wow man I hate flippers too but this is record collecting that's what we (all) do.

I paid 6.99 for a record at one time I sold it for 35.00 does that mean I am an asshole? And guess what I bought it again years afterward for over 70.00 because I wanted it. It's the natural progression of doing business under capitalism. Supply and Demand that's how I can pick up a 6XLP box set of Eric Clapton for 8.00 because at one time it was worth more now no one cares, and eventually who knows it might be worth more. And if I decide to sell it that's my business.

I want to up the punx too but man no one cares about ethics in this scene its all about collectability and having tons of rare shit to make these other neckbeards who probably all live at home jealous of your FUCKIN' SWEET WAX MAAAAN!

Guest ihateyou

theres such a double standard here. if someone who has signed up recently puts something on ebay for double or five times the cost people flip their shit and call him out and label him an asshole flipper douchebag and say his prices are insane. but if its someone who has been a member for a long ass time and has over 1000 posts he can do no wrong and is the patron saint of selling records. so if i go on a killing spree but i see someone drowning and i jump in and save their life inbetween some kills on my serial killer rampage that makes be a good dude?

theres such a double standard here. if someone who has signed up recently puts something on ebay for double or five times the cost people flip their shit and call him out and label him an asshole flipper douchebag and say his prices are insane. but if its someone who has been a member for a long ass time and has over 1000 posts he can do no wrong and is the patron saint of selling records. so if i go on a killing spree but i see someone drowning and i jump in and save their life inbetween some kills on my serial killer rampage that makes be a good dude?

Settle down Beavis...look, I think the majority of us here will agree to a certain extent that they would prefer to pay retail for records long after they go oop, but it just is not the case. It is what it is, but there is a balance within the madness...sometimes folks end up getting something for waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy less than retail, so *shrugs shoulders*.

Technically, by your logic, a record store is nothing more but a glorified flip shop...

Guest ihateyou

Technically, by your logic, a record store is nothing more but a glorified flip shop...

i dont see how because a record store would be setting the retail price. the only reason they make a profit is because they buy the product at wholesale prices, something 99.9% of consumers cant do. no matter what price a store chooses to sell something at, thats still the retail price. it varies by stores but its still the retail price. since my argument is flipping is selling something more than the retail price, how exactly would a record store be a flip shop?

i dont see how because a record store would be setting the retail price. the only reason they make a profit is because they buy the product at wholesale prices, something 99.9% of consumers cant do. no matter what price a store chooses to sell something at, thats still the retail price. it varies by stores but its still the retail price. since my argument is flipping is selling something more than the retail price, how exactly would a record store be a flip shop?

I meant in the sense that when someone sells a record store a used record for $5, and they turn around and sell it for $30 because it is oop (similar to someone buying a record new for $10 and then ebaying it for $50)...VCbay would be the in same boat to no? Either way, it makes no difference to me...if I am looking for a record and I see one at a price I am willing to pay, I pay it.