shook ones boston 11/14

opivy

No love for shooks in Boston, there were only 3 other dudes singing with me at ICC. WTF?

There were quite a few people who knew the songs and sung along, including myself. I didn't realize how much of a pop punk show that was until I walked in and saw the audience. I can't complain though, I got to saw Shook Ones for the second time in 3 years and they're definitely one of my favorite bands.

when i saw them in montreal last week, i was surprised that more than 5 people knew them. it was funny to see people push moshing too, haha. there's a moron that stage dived and knocked the singer at the same time.

here's a video of the show:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=100554642

No love for shooks in Boston, there were only 3 other dudes singing with me at ICC. WTF?

There were quite a few people who knew the songs and sung along, including myself. I didn't realize how much of a pop punk show that was until I walked in and saw the audience. I can't complain though, I got to saw Shook Ones for the second time in 3 years and they're definitely one of my favorite bands.

Go to future-breed or return to the pit and look at the pictures. In most of them there were a group of maybe five to ten kids?

I dunno, I just thought they'd get a much bigger reaction since they don't come up to the Northeast that much. It seemed like pretty much everyone there was waiting for a loss for words. Glad you were singing along in the front with me though, eight.

Go to future-breed or return to the pit and look at the pictures. In most of them there were a group of maybe five to ten kids?

I dunno, I just thought they'd get a much bigger reaction since they don't come up to the Northeast that much. It seemed like pretty much everyone there was waiting for a loss for words. Glad you were singing along in the front with me though, eight.

Don't worry, it disappointed me more than anything so see so many kids not really into them but you could have expected such from the show they were on. You saw the audience, Shook Ones didn't even headline, and for that reason that the venue was packed. Shook Ones, unfortunately, wouldn't have drawn nearly that much. It probably would have been something like what Touche Amore played to the night before, a show which I really hope you were in attendance for. Like I said before, I'm just really glad that I got a chance to see them again.

Ive seen them twice in before in the area. Once in Billerica after Sixteen came out and no one was there. The second was in RI after FFF came out and had a great recreation. This time around just a bunch of young kids pretending to know words and screaming random things. Shooks are one of my favorite bands and it was good to seem them regardless of the crowd. Not a huge fan now of the ICC and their wicked short sets and packing a ton of bands on the bill though.

This time around just a bunch of young kids pretending to know words and screaming random things.

I definitely botched some lyrics, haven't listened to sixteen in awhile. I definitely thought they'd play more stuff from the new full length though, I only remember them playing two songs from it.