WANTED: Caspian - you are the conductor

geezfools

both. copies of the record, and copies on that color. I got a couple different copies.

but as always lots of people think its worth paying 3 or 4 times the price to get a specific color guaranteed. whereas, i dont guarantee specific colors on new distro items.

to each their own i guess!

both. copies of the record, and copies on that color. I got a couple different copies.

but as always lots of people think its worth paying 3 or 4 times the price to get a specific color guaranteed. whereas, i dont guarantee specific colors on new distro items.

to each their own i guess!

that's the thing about collecting though. If I already have a copy on a certain color, but want another, it may require paying 3x the original amount to have the complete collection. The crazy things we do for vinyl :)

exactly. i get lots of colors all the time. half the time i dont even know what colors/rarity i have in stock. but when an order is filled, i just grab one and package it.

its just way too much of a hassle/annoyance to keep them organized not only by record, but by color as well, and list it multiple times on the site for colors, etc. and by not guaranteeing color i never have to deal with (or care) about people bitching cause they didnt get the rarest version like they wanted, and having to exchange because of an error, etc.

plus the whole colored variant is not something i get into personally.

im much happier (albeit poorer) running the distro with some kid ordering the record for the music, and THEN getting stoked because he got surprised with a limited edition, which happens all the time and is very satisfying on a personal level.

that's the thing about collecting though. If I already have a copy on a certain color, but want another, it may require paying 3x the original amount to have the complete collection. The crazy things we do for vinyl :)

oh yeah definitely. i get it, and im knocking it. like i said to each their own. personally i think its silly, but hey, i imagine much of my purchases or what i spend my money on others would call silly as well. ;)

maybe i should just take a couple and put them in the used part and specify the color and double the price! ha. i bet theyd sell quick

I think you would do more business if you did list them color wise. You could have me and googlemyass buy $40 worth of records tonight or not $40. I understand your point and I'm all about kids just getting music, just doesn't seem like a good business model. And I only use those words because of my previous point about spending money or not as I know I've been to your site a couple of times but gone elsewhere because there was no guarantee(prices are good though). Lemme know if you list the you are conductor and depending on color, might have a sale, lol.

edit: and hey, not knocking you or your site, just an observation from a collector as I'm sure you've heard it tons of times from other people on this board since we're all collectors. I probably couldn't run a distro if my life depended on it, so I don't know much, heh

ya. but im not in it for the money (trust me. if it were about the money i would have found a different "business" a long time ago). and yeah, i know i would make more money and make more sales. but i also would make more headaches for myself, and since im not in it for the money, im in it for the happiness. (haha...well you get my point).

running an independent distro in general is a bad "business model".

PS. i was kidding about selling them by color at double the price, so unless i get an actual used copy in, i wont be listing it in the used section. thats totally not fair to the labels who send their stuff in for me to just start jacking up the prices and charging a lot and pocketing the money cause they were nice enough to send in limited edition meant for the kids. ill continue to sell every color/rarity at the same regular price as everything else.

very true, I keep thinking the same thing about screen printing and so does my girlfriend. Regardless of the money I'm not making, I'm having fun being involved with projects I would never be involved with otherwise and I'm stoked about that. If you happen to spin a copy of one of those caspian records and consider it used, lemme know, heh!

Anyone else, looking for a copy of Caspian - You Are The Conductor