A Wilhelm Scream - S/T EP

Fartcat

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry man, that last one was intended for jcamps. But I'm from fall river. Cool shit that you got to play with them too. I know a local band from westport called Another Option who got to open for them a couple times when they played at the living room. They also got to record one their albums in trevors studio in his fathers basement I believe. I'm quite jealous.

I've been in a few garage bands myself and friends and family always say nice things about the music...but now that I look back, it wasn't any good. But I gotta make clear that I wasn't looking for a handout at all. I actually accidently discovered side b of that vinyl at a friend of mines house months ago. I've searched the net for it here and there but couldn't find any mention of it whatsoever. I was starting to think we were the only ones besides the band who knew about it....until now. I have the whole AWS discography on my ipod including Smackin' Isaiah...I don't leave home without it. Besides for the "Your Love" cover, those b sides are all thats missing. Just didn't wanna spend the $100+ on a turntables you know? And I know they're all joke songs but they're fuckin hilarious!

I knew I heard chipping away somewhere before! But I was watching that The Guys Downstairs YouTube video where he plays it acoustic at a radio station and he introduced the song as " a song by the guys downstairs called shipping away" so I figured they did write it and I wad imagining things. Thanks for that man its good to know. Any way I could get them in mp3 format would be much appreciated though =/

It's cool. I appreciate you willing to help but I do have the worst luck. Everyone I ask always says "I would do it but..." haha I did get someone in another forum to video record the b side playing on his record player and post the songs on YouTube. Not the best quality but at least people can give them a listen now...for those who haven't discovered the b side yet. I will continue to look for them in good quality mp3 format though.

ugh, don't get me started on another option and fall river (i lived in nb for 18 years, gotta hate on both)

but yeah not questioning your loyalty either, just pointing out that they're dedicated dudes who love what they do and have never cared too much about making bucks off it. as far as i know they're just in it for the free new balances.

I think my old site is down right now for some reason (hopefully not for long), but you can snag all the old smackin stuff off it if you lost it to your computer crash :)

http://www.nbrock.net/mp3s.html

Nice site. It's cool that you have Carl Simmon's stuff on your site as well. Carl's a great guy. We were pretty good friends growing up as well.

just pointing out that they're dedicated dudes who love what they do and have never cared too much about making bucks off it. as far as i know they're just in it for the free new balances.

Honestly, I think you are wrong to put it that way. They want to make enough money to be able to continue to do it for a living. Not saying that they would compromise their values to make money, BUT having people buy their music, merch, and show tickets ensures that they can eat, pay for gas, pay their tour manager, pay for vehicle repairs, etc., etc.

BTW, Trev told me that the songs are called:

Your Love (The Outfield cover), Henley's Lament, Mustaine, and Chipping Away (Night Ranger Cover).

I listened to the Night Ranger version of "Chipping Away" and sounds nothing like the AWS version. Not even the lyrics are the same...are you positive its a cover?

Nah I'm not sure if it's the actual cover. Trevor told me the song was called Chipping away, I'm not a Night Ranger fan so I don't know the original well, just figured that the guys were goofing on it.

hell yeah carl is the man, i miss his vhs rental shop.

and yeah aws definitely are a hardworking band that made it through a layer not a lot of bands do, they deserve to at least make ends meet. it's not like they're sitting on a pile off diamonds either, they all work day jobs too.

just out of curiosity what kind of day jobs do they have ?

nuno works at No Problemo (http://www.noproblemotaqueria.com) when they're off tour. best burrito spot in the area.

i have no idea what the rest of them do, i'm almost positive brian just hangs out. nick and trevor are my next door neighbors (well, at my parents house) and i see them kickin around all the time when i'm home and they're off tour. i guess i shouldnt have said they all do, but i assume they must have something to do besides sitting around.

I fucking love no problemo! It was the only place around that had a flyer for the show they played at the backwatch pub a few weeks ago. And I heard Trevor say in an interview that Brian stays in trevors house when they record since Brian actually lives in Canada. (brian also said he loves trevors moms new England style cooking too which is awesome)