A Wilhelm Scream - S/T EP

Fartcat

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the rips dude, but you definitely ripped it at the wrong speed....Trevor and Nuno sound like they're in NFG or some shit. Appreciate the effort though

heres it ripped at 45: http://www.sendspace.com/file/bbzfc3

in fact listening to it now i definitely ripped it correctly the first time. i think you'll decide the 45 sounds worse. i'm thinking 33 is right. as in the original speed i ripped it in. where you got the nfg comparisons i dont know. and for more confirmation the impression on mustaine on track 2 is spot on on the 33. would be a bit weird if it sounded wrong.

cheeky question: do you have the vinyl yourself?

and the pics are taken on a camera phone which is why they're so shitty

[image]

yup got the vinyl.

I live in New Bedford, MA (their hometown) and have been watching/following them since they were Smackin' Isaiah. I am 100% sure that Trevor's voice is completely off. I've also heard these tracks being played on youtube and his voice sounds normal, and that's what I'm going off. I haven't gotten around to listening to the B-side yet actually of my record, but I will be sure to when I get home after work. I'm telling you, his voice sounds so strange in that rip. Not trying to be picky, just letting you know!

*was just messing around about the pics! haha

hahahaha no offense and thanks a ton for the rip justin, but it sounds horrible. i didn't listen to the 45rpm rip, but the first one you put up is really really off. do you have an ion usb table? i know i'm being cheeky, but i grew up in nb living next door to trevor and nick. aws/smackin don't sound a thing like this.

Track 1 is a cover of Your Love by The Outfield, here is how my lp sounds (not my rip).

If you still aren't convinced, further research can be done in their out of print stuff that i've been hosting on my site Smackin' Isaiah - More or less complete oop discog

chipping away (track 3) played at 45 should convince you. it sounds ridiculous. im 100% sure 33rpm is the right speed.

I don't know what to tell you, but both Nuno's voice AND Trevor's voice aren't even close man. I don't want to debate this any longer really, and I appreciate the rip, i really do, but it's wrong. Something is wrong with your setup or something. just trust me, and Jcamps for that matter too. i know you say you're "100% sure" but I truly am 100% sure that it's wrong. it's unlistenable!

chipping away (track 3) played at 45 should convince you. it sounds ridiculous. im 100% sure 33rpm is the right speed.
check my link dude, I ripped it at the proper speed (33) just like you did, but mine is how it's supposed to sound.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/5/27/1118253//A_Wilhelm_Scream-Chipping_Away.mp3

sorry for the weird frequency at the very beginning, I don't know why it's doing that when I rip records! Either way, in a few minutes I'll post my rip of side B as a whole. Didn't splice the tracks...I really only wanted "Chipping Away" for myself.