Defeater Lost Ground

I picked it up about two months ago from Topshelf records, but it looks to be sold out now. Sorry! Looks like you may have to pick it up used, unless someone else has a hook up!

This record is indeed sold out. There are under 20 (ish) available through various distros, but otherwise, it's completely out of print. HOWEVER! Ourselves and the band want to repress it.

So, we are really excited to announce that we've started a Kickstarter campaign (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/topshelfrecords/repress-defeaters-travels-on-vinyl) to raise funds to repress Defeater's Travels on vinyl. With the record having been sold out on vinyl for some time now, the band having upcoming tours in the works and ourselves and B9 having financial obligations in other areas at the moment, going this route seems to make the most sense.

For those of you that are unfamiliar with Kickstarter, it's basically a service that allows for communal funding of projects. There is a minimum financial goal that must be met within a certain time period for the project to succeed. We've set a goal of $1,200.00 by Midnight on December 31, 2009. This means that at the time of my writing this, we have 41 days to raise $1,200.00.

That's where you come in.

We've assembled some awesome package deals for this including exclusive vinyl colors, test presses, Defeater's new EP Lost Ground and even a healthy chunk of our back catalog and other assorted merch including My Heart to Joy and Pianos Become The Teeth. So, head on over and pledge your support. You'll help us and the band repress the album and score some awesome deals in the process.

OH, and PLEASE, spread the word and tell your friends! If you know someone who'd be interested in this, please, please help spread the word. Retweets (@topshelfrecords), Facebook or Myspace status updates, a mention on your blog, etc. Anything's super appreciated.

SO, to sum this all up:

Everyone that likes this release should grab their Travels LP, it kills.

You can help us repress it here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/topshelfrecords/repress-defeaters-travels-on-vinyl

Thanks for your time, interest and support.

something else , i saw these guys in march and there was only 3 people at the show including myself . fucking sad . amazing band and they were playing to me and 2 super fans . i wanted to give the guys a hug i felt so bad for them . it was a little better by the time energy went on but still the output for them was horrible as well .

Was this at the Pit with EOAY?

I was there, took them and EOAY out for lunch the next day in Lakeland. Besides being a great band, the guys are really freakin nice as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...