If you're not already scared, you should be.

I'm about to do something I fear I will regret, but I have to speak my opinion:

You just said a lot of the same things I did... so I'm not sure what you were afraid you would regret. Needless to say, I think we're in agreement.

HE crossed the line the second he started acting like an asshole. It's really the tasering that crossed the line on the part of the authorities. Yes, the guy was running his mouth, but they already HAD him! It's not hard to make a person in handcuffs go where you want them to go. They tried their hardest to talk him into calming down and that didn't work. They should have just hauled his ass outside, threw him in the car, and talked to him there, where he didn't have an audience to appeal to.

I don't think you can really blame Kerry for this. He actually did already release a statement, and said that he didn't know a taser was being used (which I believe). I'm not sure what more he could have done for the situation other than saying "let me answer his questions". Nobody could really here that above the din, though.

He still loses points for being a slimeball, though.

Guest scriptedrain
so what is the issue here? im at a loss to understand how any of that was justified.

The issue in our discussion was that you said the following things, which I addressed:

1. He didn't get to ask his question.

1A. He did. Three of them.

2. He didn't have a chance to ask his question.

2A. He did. He didn't allow for answering.

3. He didn't get to make a point.

3A. He asked two, full questions.

4. He had a multi-point question and didn't get to complete it.

4A. Again, he did... twice.

5. The resistance wasn't justified.

5A. How else were they supposed to get this guy away? He was going off on a tirade and causing a disturbance in a public forum designed for question-and-answer purposes. This wasn't a rally or a protest.

6. Assuming Your Next Thought: But he was tasered! That was unnecessary!

6A. He resisted arrest, tried to incite a riot, screamed over and over. They fucking WARNED the guy!! If a cop says to you "I have a taser, and I will use it if I have to", are you going to continue to fight with the cop? The guy's an idiot, not a hero.

- Jeff

6A. He resisted arrest, tried to incite a riot, screamed over and over. They fucking WARNED the guy!! If a cop says to you "I have a taser, and I will use it if I have to", are you going to continue to fight with the cop? The guy's an idiot, not a hero.

- Jeff

And that's part of why I think cops shouldn't have them.

Guest scriptedrain

- Jeff

And that's part of why I think cops shouldn't have them.

What about their guns, clubs, and other weapons?

- Jeff

Guest scriptedrain
Although he repetedly asked why he was arrested without any answers. Police officers HAVE to tell you IF and WHY you're under arrest at any time.

Because it wasn't obvious enough... I'm sure they wanted to get him out of the public arena before they talked to him, he was hysterical and out of control.

- Jeff

Guest scriptedrain

And I'm sure they did once things got under control. Their job is to apprehend the man, not have a sit-down with him when he's attacking them and screaming.

- Jeff

Although he repetedly asked why he was arrested without any answers. Police officers HAVE to tell you IF and WHY you're under arrest at any time.

My thoughts exactly. If they told him from the get go that they were just going to take him out (not arrest him), things could have gone differently. But then he got all heated and then they do decide to arrest him and don't tell him which makes him EVEN MORE heated.

I think the cops could've handled this 100x better than they did.

My thoughts exactly. If they told him from the get go that they were just going to take him out (not arrest him), things could have gone differently. But then he got all heated and then they do decide to arrest him and don't tell him which makes him EVEN MORE heated.

If you're taking part in a riot of any size (and this guy essentially was) and police end up dragging you away, it's a safe bet you're being charged with inciting a riot. I highly doubt the police are going to tell you what you're being charged with as they subdue you -- this isn't Law & Order. I'm sure they have procedures and policies where you first restrain and subdue the subject and try to calm them before explaining just what is going on.

And really, it's not like the d-bag in the video would've magically shut up had an officer said, "You're being charged with inciting a riot." He just would've made a bigger stink about it.

Guest scriptedrain

If you're taking part in a riot of any size (and this guy essentially was) and police end up dragging you away, it's a safe bet you're being charged with inciting a riot. I highly doubt the police are going to tell you what you're being charged with as they subdue you -- this isn't Law & Order. I'm sure they have procedures and policies where you first restrain and subdue the subject and try to calm them before explaining just what is going on.

And really, it's not like the d-bag in the video would've magically shut up had an officer said, "You're being charged with inciting a riot." He just would've made a bigger stink about it.

Exactly. People aren't getting these points.

- Jeff