Queens of the Stone age w/Mastodon

roadmonkey

i'd go see mastodon and leave.

i've seen QOTSA before... and they were actually not even really that good. but it was a long time ago, and might've just been having an off night.

that's funny i did almost the exact opposite. I went to see a show of Mastodon, Cursive, Against Me!, and Planes Mistaken for Stars and left before Mastodon (who were headlining). Maybe I should give them a listen since everyone and their mother seems to think their great.

that's funny i did almost the exact opposite. I went to see a show of Mastodon, Cursive, Against Me!, and Planes Mistaken for Stars and left before Mastodon (who were headlining). Maybe I should give them a listen since everyone and their mother seems to think their great.

I still hail that tour as the weirdest line up ever.

But it was still kick ass all bands around.

i'd go see mastodon and leave.

i've seen QOTSA before... and they were actually not even really that good. but it was a long time ago, and might've just been having an off night.

I thought These Arms Are Snakes were on that tour, not PMFS?

There's kind of an intangible commonality between all of them though. I was talking to some of the members of said bands and they were stoked for it. It was probably the most exciting show I'd been to in a while.

ronniethebear, TAAS played the last half of the tour, starting in Detroit. PMFS did the first half, up until Chicago.

I thought These Arms Are Snakes were on that tour, not PMFS?

not on the left coast :)

There's kind of an intangible commonality between all of them though. I was talking to some of the members of said bands and they were stoked for it. It was probably the most exciting show I'd been to in a while.

agreed, they all mesh quite well as they're all really raw and have pushed vocals. it was great, good times had by all. very interesting listening to cursive try to replicated ugly organ songs on horns.