WESTON - New Record and Shows!

eroc

Hey all!

I just wanted to let you all know about some Weston news. For the first time in almost a decade they have a new record coming out. It is scheduled for release in mid December along with a string of shows that will go from Philadelphia to New York to Hoboken to Bordentown (with Grant Hart of Husker Du).

"This is my Voice and This is my Heart - Live at Maxwell's" will have 500 copies pressed - 400 on solid pink and 100 on a pink/black mix that will include a silk screened cover! The live album will feature 14 songs - consisting of tracks from "A Real Life Story of Teenage Rebellion" and "Got Beat Up". The only exception is one brand new song - "Pucker Up Baby". Each copy will include a digital download of an expanded version that includes 18 songs and some extra shenanigans and banter.

Copies will be available in the near future through Vinyl Collective! If everything goes to plan, a pre-order will be launched on my website this Friday at www.blackshirtmusic.com.

This is my new record label's first release and I'm really excited. Weston was one of the first bands I ever fell in love with... For old fans, I think you'll really enjoy the album as it does a great job of capturing the feeling of a live Weston show. If you don't know them, these guys are contemporaries of bands like The Bouncing Souls and Lifetime and are part of that Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania scene which included the likes of Digger. Keep up on with the band and check some of their tunes at www.myspace.com/westonrockspa or add them on facebook!

If anyone has any questions, just feel free to drop me a line. If you run a store or distro and are interested in carrying copies of the album or are doing any press work and want to review the album or preview the shows, pm me! Thanks so much!

i miss weston... i'm sure they wouldnt have much draw in minneapolis though.

maybe they'll come out there in the future! i really don't know what their future tour plans are as of now.

convince me: why should I get this if I already have the almighty split with Doc Hopper?

also, people reading this might be interested in the Dishwasher 7" in the vc store

I agree - that split is flat out amazing.

1. It's a New recording

2. Some different songs

3. A new song! - When was the last time you got a new record or even recording from these guys?

4. More goofy Weston banter

5. You <3 Vinyl (I assume since you are on this msg board)

6. The art is pretty!

7. This pressing is only 500 copies if you're in the collecting aspect.

8. Unlike that Doc Hopper split, this comes on color!

Umm...that's about all I got right now. Has that done anything for you? :)

definitely want this. do you know if they will be selling copies at the shows they're doing next month?

As long as they are delivered on time, they WILL be with the band at the shows! (Well unless they sell out on the pre-order or something...)

I just listened to the test pressing this afternoon and it sounded really great. Those fine folks in the Czech really know what they are doing!

thanks tony!

i just got a delivery date of monday, dec 21. which is kind of a bummer - really thought we'd have them in sooner. unfortunately, i am going to pay some extra shipping costs to get a box or two delivered in time for the show but its totally worth having them in hand for all the kids that are coming out!

Hey all! Got some news to pass along...the vinyl will is supposed to arrive on the 21st - so if you preordered I should be shipping them on the 22nd. And today digital sales of the album started through the wonderful folks at CHUNKSAAH Records and at Fizzkicks. So if you are on this board and for some reason not into vinyl head this way...

http://www.chunksaah.com/store

http://www.fizzkicks.com/weston/

• 2 weeks later...