Transporting records, suggestions & help please

Hey everyone, I'm moving into my new house tomorrow & as a result will be packing up all my stuff which includes all my records. I was hoping those of you who've moved & taken stacks of records with you could give me some advice on the best way to pack records in a way that I can avoid damaging them.

Anyone have any useful tips? I've got tons of boxes, tape & bubble wrap so I reckon I'll be sweet but would appreciate any help :)

I suggest actual record storage boxes from a place like Bags Unlimited. That's what I used when I trekked cross country and back. But I'm guessing you won't do that. I've also used regular cardboard boxes with a maximum amount of filler such as clothes, etc. but it's just not the same. As long as you are very careful, you should be fine with what you have.

I moved the records in stages. I had a two week overlap so every time I went to the new place I filled up a milk crate with records and took it with me, by the time I was ready to load the truck, all the records were already there and I hardly noticed moving them.

Same would work if you gotta go back to the old place and clean or something, if it was rented.

When I go back and forth between school and home, I just use milk crates. If needed they stack, and you can fit a bunch in the back seat. The only thing I dont like is they slide a lot unless you have it filled, which im not sure which is worse.

Also when I just stated collecting I didnt have that many so I just saved a mailer and put them in there. If you got a few sitting around, it might take a few trips, but its cheap and easy.

Hope that helps.