Netflix/PS3

I have a PS3 and no netflix subscription. To send movies to my tv through my PS3 what is it going to cost me? I tried to find information on the netflix website but they keep trying to get me to make an account. Do the videos download to the PS3 hard drive in HD? How is the selection of downloadable movies? Just looking for some independent info/opinion before I decide to buy or not

I thought you had to do the two disc option for the free streaming? Anyhow, I've become like a fucking televangalist for this thing. I love it and it costs nothing more than your regular Netflix subscription. I have it set to our wireless router and I can watch a ton of things all for free, in great quality and without leaving my house. For big budget special effects films, I'd still get the blu-ray (as the PS3 can play those) but for something fun (we watched MST3K last night) it's great.

I thought you had to do the two disc option for the free streaming?

Nah, just have to be on one of the unlimited plans:

$8.99 a month

1 DVD out at-a-time

(Exchange each DVD as often as you want)

plus

Instantly watch online on your PC or Mac or right on your TV via an Internet connected Netflix ready device. Instantly watch as often as you want, anytime you want.

The selection is great and they've got all 10 seasons of Law and Order SVU.

And they're all in my queue!

do you have to put the disc in for netflix on the ps3 for streaming?

or is that just for the initial install?

love netflix on my 360 cause i can hop in and out of it without ever leaving the couch.

For now you gotta use a disc but they're working on making the software downloadable. I play so few games it's not a problem for me.

Thanks for the advice. I am probably going to do it.

As, far as selection goes, it sounds like it is pretty decent. How about I ask the question this way...can anyone give me examples of shows that they wanted to watch and couldn't find on there? Does every tv show have to come to dvd before you can stream it?

I just had cable installed at my house and I'm already regretting it...thinking I should have just gone with the netflix thing and then watched the couple shows I watch regularly on surfthechannel (always sunny, big bang, south park...)

Guest eriathomas
do you have to put the disc in for netflix on the ps3 for streaming?

or is that just for the initial install?

love netflix on my 360 cause i can hop in and out of it without ever leaving the couch.

For now you gotta use a disc but they're working on making the software downloadable. I play so few games it's not a problem for me.

Well, it is only a disc because Netflix has an exclusive deal with Microsoft for a streaming software service. The disc is the way they got around it.