Fifteen is the greatest band in the world!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great....3rd times a charm....

i never said it goes away. being someone who HAS BEEN MOLESTED, i know the pain doesn't go away. and i can tell you for FACT those are the numbers. i've done more research then your avg. person writing a paper. i've lived with this kinda stuff from age's 4-16 and learning how to deal for the past 11 yrs. with therapy, anger management, many many hrs and sessions dealing with everything from suicide to dealing with the fact that my father and his GF did this to me.

dude being molested isn't something you just go and announce on messageboards and shit.

there is nothing to be ashamed of by doing that.... unless it has happened to you, and in turn went and got help and came to terms with it, dont judge! you should cheer someone for being open about it, not bash them

as far as jeff being a rapist! atleast he admited to it. does that make it right, nope! but i guarantee with all the scum bags in bands (lets be honest, its true) there are plenty of musicians you know and love who have done the same! its a touchy situation, hits close to my heart, but fuck people....jesus christ!

i never say anything on this board, but geez, this is ridiculous...lets move on

I like his music, but he's a rapist.

A rape doesn't go away if you apologize. And I question where that 1 out of every 8 men have committed rape statistic comes from.

really? does anything go away if you apologize? nope! thats the problem with most people is they do shit without thinking first! i dont condone any of this shit, its terrible...but i agree with you, i like his music

To add on about Jeff Ott, Jeff if you read this, I respect you for being able to admit your foul play, being young, and delirious and sick is a tough time in all of our lives . It's why I go by the moniker sickteen (also great fanzine) However I believe the teenage through early 20s is the most difficult time of our lives. Sometimes all you can do if you don't get caged up like an animal for fucking up is drinking a cold beer, listening to the replacements, and saying shit I'm sorry, and I wish I could take it all back. But now I get to live with this internal pain and shame, lost all my friends, and some where someone probably wants to kill me. I'm sure Jeff felt something like this at some point in his life. Sounds like dude is doing good now, and hopefully so are the ones he hurt, because time does heal pain, even those who have been raped.

A rape doesn't go away if you apologize. And I question where that 1 out of every 8 men have committed rape statistic comes from.

Don't forget: 88% of all statistics can be made to say whatever you want...

I am kidding around (sorta), but I always question statistics because, as someone who has a bit of a math background, I can never be sure how those numbers were developed, by whom, and with what motivation.

Either way, Swain's First Bike Ride ftw!

and calling someone a serial rapist is? thisisahijack? and whats it to you? it's called making a point and im not ashamed of who i am and what my life is about. maybe you need to deal with your own shit sir!

Did you make an amends with your father ? or did the relationship fizzle and die afterwards ?

never saw or talked to him from the age 16.

he died just a week ago. didn't shead a tear.

Don't forget: 88% of all statistics can be made to say whatever you want...

I am kidding around (sorta), but I always question statistics because, as someone who has a bit of a math background, I can never be sure how those numbers were developed, by whom, and with what motivation.

Either way, Swain's First Bike Ride ftw!

I''m similarly sceptical about any headline statistics and have a bit of a maths background. The RAIN website itself was a bit poor with justification for its stats. A lot of the stats seemed to be pulled from http://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles/172837.pdf report. The survey methodology section at the end of this report was pretty persuasive - gives you the questions asked, the statistical significance of the results, who they asked and how they decided, sample sizes of 8000 and 8005.

my friend II is a amazing song. Pretty much everything on Surprise is great. I didnt think when i started this thread it would turn out the way it did.

Based off of everything i have read Jeff has helped more kids with his music and message then most band have ever done. Like wayne said people fuck up, i know i have done my share of fucking up in my life. No i have never raped a girl but i have fucked up in other ways. I have done enough drugs to kill a small town. But i have quit all that shit, cleaned up my life and learned from it. We all go through shit and for those who say they havent gone through some shit is a fucking lier and just wont admit it. I belive music is a very powerful thing and without it we would be fucked. To each their own but i still stand by the fact that FIFTEEN IN THE GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD.

Look at some of these other bands people are obsessed with, saves the day, alkaline trio, screeching weasel, the ramones do you think anyone has ever gone up to them and said your music has changed my life your lyrics helped me through a tough time, the story of Kimberly Lauren Brithe opened my eyes. NO

Sorry for going on a rant here but i had some things to say about this.