Want: Wesley Willis Stuff

One Hundred Fifty-Two

Does anybody have either of the dvds, joy rides or daddy of rock 'n' roll? I can get them online new for like $15 dollars each, but I'd rather get a used copy cheaper. Also if anyone has seen both and can tell me which one is better that would be cool. Also interested in his vinyl and art, thank you.

Cool! Yeah she went to college in Chicago and had many stories of Wesley Willis when she was out and about.

One of my friends also told me of a show he was playing and half way through he said he really like the opening band. He liked them so much he didn't go to the bathroom before playing. So he left the stage and came back talking about the dump he just took.

TRUE STORY:

I played in a punk band about 10 years ago and we played a show with Wesley Willis. After the show we gave him one of our cds and his response was, "yeaaayeaa, uhh, yeaaa I will use this to block out the sounds of the demons in my head."

He said it all robotic-like. It was creepy, especially because he was totally serious about it.

I am really hoping to find one of his pieces and the seller has no idea who he is or what the picture is and I can get it for a steal. I have Joy Rides the dvd coming in so that should tide me over on my Willis fix.

On another note, the movie about Daniel Johnston is fantastic.