Just got a record from Amazon.

this is because the people that work in the amazon warehouse have crazy quotas where they have to pack 130 items an hour, so shit just gets thrown in a huge box.

read about it here:

http://www.technomadia.com/2009/12/inside-amazon-coms-coffeyville-warehouse/

if you want your records packaged nicely, buy them from a real record store or a distro that specializes in records.

Guest eriathomas

I hate how amazon uses big boxes for everything. All the games I order come in a box that could fit like 8-10 dvd cases, and they just through in a huge air pad.

Greetings all.. this is Cherie from Technomadia, one of the Amazon.com workers referenced above. My partner and I were actually seasonal temp workers there, partly to just check the operation out during our travels.

I was one of the packers .. and I tell you, packaging LPs was most frustrating. Amazon simply didn't provide boxes to us on our line suitable for packaging them (or other similarly sized items - like calendars). We had about 15 different sized boxes in our little packing area, and that was it. You found the smallest possible box to fit the item in and sent it down the line.

So it wasn't that we were tossing items in big boxes to save time (actually, big boxes take MORE time, because we had to hand build them - whereas smaller boxes came to use pre-built) - but that suitable boxes weren't provided to us.

On the outside of your Amazon.com box should be a 'rate this package' URL. I recommend going there and letting Amazon know you'd more appreciate better suited packaging for your items.

Best wishes,

- Cherie

(who is glad her temp gig at Amazon is done :) )