Ratos de Porão in alternative press!

tim

I have always wanted to hear this band...ever since I heard Sepultura talk about them and seeing Max wearing one of their shirts, I have always been curious. Back in the day when I downloaded music (my computer got fried thanks to a nasty virus) I could never find anything of theirs.

Some day I want to start Punk International back up to go help buzz some good international bands. Ratos de Porão is definitely a good place to start. Their stuff is top notch, and they are hugely respected in Brazil across the board from metal, punk, and mainstream rock. Their singer is an MTV VJ and hasn't lost any credibility. He gets indie bands airplay and lets them play on his show, etc.

Anybody interested in this sort of thing, look up the self-titled album by Raimundos. It's from 93 or 94 and helped set the bar for all kinds of Brazilian metal, hardcore, punk, rock, and hip hop. And it still sounds 100% fresh today.

Jhulud: I can upload the last RdP album if you want to hear it.

Scott: Make sure you look up the Russian band Tarakany if you haven't already.