RIP Elliott Smith

Guest falloutcollapse

I have a ton of his stuff, but I always get really spooked out by listening to dead singers. I don't know why, but I think it's time for me to man up and check him out.

i listened to nothing but his s-t for about 6 months during undergrad. i wasnt particularly depressed, but at the time i had been listening to shit like norma jean, ed gein, and 9 shocks terror, and his stuff was so different than anything else i had ever listened to that it just hit me harder than anything else ever had.

still one of my top 3 or so albums. it has incredible staying power, you just dont get tired of it. roman candle and from a basement are also amazing, despite the latter being pieced together after he died. (the tracks arent in the order he had started putting together at all. apparently shooting star was supposed to be the first track on the album, and 'ostriches and chirping' probably wasnt intended as a track in and of itself)