*ATTN: Those that have toured before...*

Hello all. I am currently in the process of booking my band Worldwide Zoo (link in sig) for a tour of the southeast to support our soon-to-be-released debut album from March 8th to the 18th (my spring break) and was wondering if anyone who has toured in the cities/states we are looking to hit has any advice/tips to help ensure the nights will be successful?

Here is the "itinerary" of where we are looking to book:

Thursday, March 8th - Gainesville, FL

Friday, March 9th - Atlanta, GA

Saturday, March 10th - Ashville, NC

Sunday, March 11th - Knoxville, TN

Monday, March 12th - *off*

Tuesday, March 13th - Nashville, TN

Wednesday, March 14th - St. Louis, MO

Thursday, March 15th - Little Rock, AR

Friday, March 16th - New Orleans, LA

Saturday, March 17th - Mobile, AL or Pensacola, FL

Sunday, March 18th - Tampa, FL

Once again, anyone who has had any experiences, good or bad, with any of the above cities or states, please feel free to share your success/horror stories so I know what kinds of things to expect/avoid. Please include venues names, promoter names, record stores, radio staions, etc. if possible, as we are still looking to book most of the nights. Thanks in advance for any help/insight you can provide. We are looking forward to hitting the road this March. 8-)

Honestly, it might be a little late to start booking a tour for that week in March. Especially if you've never booked a tour before. Not to mention the fact that spring break week is when a LOT of bands try to tour.

This is true. not to mention its sxsw, so alot of bands will be out going to texas.

However, here is what you do:

Gainesville-get in touch with cam taylor and his band senders

atlanta-get in touch with wonder root or stewart from no brakes distro

nashville-try kintaro

st. louis- try lemp arts center or go to bellville, il and play at illegal tone (its litterally one town over)

little rock-get in touch with this guy named forrest on face book. i'll try and get his info for you.

pensacola- Sluggos, the only place to play. call and ask for terry or ashley (a dude).

tampa-skate park, or play at the punk house if you can.

What type of band are you in?

There are some good places to play in Jacksonville, which is probably a closer trip than Tampa. If you can't get a show in Pensacola for that Saturday, I would try for Jacksonville. Depending on your style there are a couple of alright venues and they all usually get a decent draw on Saturdays. Sundays are a bit hit or miss.

Chattanooga is between Knoxville and Nashville so if you want to come hang out with me on the 12th and get a cooked meal I might be able to swing that. Need to make sure because the 12th might actually be the night of a rehearsal dinner for a wedding I'm in but if it isn't that would be rad. Considering the kind of style you play you might be able to get a show here http://www.myspace.com/jjsbohemia for that night, they sometimes like to book weird jazz/funk/huh? bands on off nights. Also I really dig your tunes, which is weird since I mostly hate bands that sound like this. Weird.

Thanks to all who have replied. I do agree it is kind of close to the week we are looking to hit the road, but we are hoping we can work something out to get us out of Florida for some shows. I will look into the places suggested and will look into the TN date as well. Thanks again, more input is always and greatly appreciated.

As a side note, I got my hands on 5 more tracks to listen to today, and am getting more and more excited for the release, and, hopefully, the tour. 8-)

For those who asked what we sound like:

http://www.worldwidezoo.net/multimedia.html

New Orleans-Post up fliers near the universities. College crowd might get you some people to go. Possibly even find the bulletin boards inside buildings that look like they are already tagged by other bands so you know its (safer) to put them up there. I know tulane university has a radio station. Never listened to it myself but they might be a source for your music to be played. Not sure though. The Mushroom is a record store near tulane university. They sell new/used vinyl, cds, tobacco stuff, and other assorted things, but I have no idea if they would put up your stuff or not. I'm no help at all on where to play though as I don't get around to the concerts myself due to school work.

Don't plan days off. Dates will fall through, a snow storm will brew up, a van will die, anything you can imagine or not imagine can come up and cause you to have a day off. Even if you stay in the same town as the night before, try to get on a show. Days off sound fun when you're visiting a new city, but in any band I've been in, we've all been broke/spending as little as possible, and spending a day with nothing to do, trying to live on the cheap gets to be really difficult. Best of luck!

hey, i listened to your music and I agree with eric, if you are wanting to play st. louis check out lemp.

http://www.lemp-arts.org/

I think your music is a good fit for what they are doing and the owner is such a nice dude to work with.

even though they are pretty much booked till april they do have that date open that you were thinking of.

good luck