Question about AT&T and rollover minutes

kyle

If I accumulate a bunch of rollover minutes and then downgrade my talk plan (AT&T allows you to change your talk plan, up or down, whenever you want) will the rollover minutes still be there? I just signed up for a new AT&T account at 900 minutes a month and it looks like it's too much. I'm thinking of keeping it at this plan for another month or so and accumulating a bunch of rollover minutes and then dropping down to the 450 plan and then using rollovers if I ever need more. I just wasn't sure if AT&T sees this as some sort of system cheat and take your rollover minutes away if you change your plan.

If I accumulate a bunch of rollover minutes and then downgrade my talk plan (AT&T allows you to change your talk plan, up or down, whenever you want) will the rollover minutes still be there? I just signed up for a new AT&T account at 900 minutes a month and it looks like it's too much. I'm thinking of keeping it at this plan for another month or so and accumulating a bunch of rollover minutes and then dropping down to the 450 plan and then using rollovers if I ever need more. I just wasn't sure if AT&T sees this as some sort of system cheat and take your rollover minutes away if you change your plan.

I think my mom changed the family plan I was on with her and it lost all of the rollover minutes. I remember because the next bill was more than expected because all the rollover minutes were gone.

Rollover minutes are so silly. I mean, they're cool to have and all but I would be willing to be most people just accumulate them and never, ever use them.

This is true for most, but my talking habits can fluctuate. I'll probably use 500-600 minutes this month, next month could be less or close. So I'm thinking of paying for 900 the next couple months then bagging a few hundred rollovers and downgrading to the 450 plan, that way I can talk for 500 minutes without paying out the nose.

I need to downgrade my plan. Most of my friends text anyways...I don't think I even crack 100 minutes a month of actual phone calls.

same here, they need to follow whatever company does that 'create your plan' type deal. Or just one with a lesser amount of minutes. Sucks paying $40 a month, when I basically only use 1/4 of the service paid for.