Daily Playlists

I've been listening to FM radio on a dare for the past week, mostly our local "K-ROCK" station. And amazingly, the song I hear the most (outside of Pearl Jam/Soundgarden) is Against Me!'s "Thrash Unreal." They are playing the ever-loving SHIT out of that song.

It's definitely that Chris Lord-Alge bullshit remix, though, and I can totally tell the difference (I bet any of you could, too). The backing vocals are nearly nonexistant, Tom's voice is pushed into the red and my favorite part of the song -- when Tom sings, "There ain't no Johnny coming home to share a bed with her, but she doesn't care!" -- gets the "care" chopped off of it to let the chorus vocal kick back in. Such serious bullshit.

i never listen to the radio much anymore but everytime i turn on our rock station (kroq) against me! is on all the time - and they just got announced for their second show for the station in the last three months

They're not playing Acoustic Christmas, are they?

ah! nevermind...im an idiot...i got my against bands confused...rise against is playing acoustic christmas

ah! nevermind...im an idiot...i got my against bands confused...rise against is playing acoustic christmas

the second day seems more interesting than the first. still its KROQ so I can't shell out the cash for their shit.

yeah...i mean, i really want to see jimmy eat world, modest mouse and the shins and would like to see Muse too but tickets are usually 100 bucks a pop and there aren't too many shows i can justify $100 for.

the second day seems more interesting than the first. still its KROQ so I can't shell out the cash for their shit.

yeah...i mean, i really want to see jimmy eat world, modest mouse and the shins and would like to see Muse too but tickets are usually 100 bucks a pop and there aren't too many shows i can justify $100 for.

Same boat. And I'd add Spoon to the list of bands I want to see. Waaaaaaaay too expensive though, and it's always such a hassle to try and secure tickets.

Same boat. And I'd add Spoon to the list of bands I want to see. Waaaaaaaay too expensive though, and it's always such a hassle to try and secure tickets.

i'm lucky ive gotten to see all of those bands (minus Jimmy Eat World) but the most ive paid is 20 bucks for tickets. I saw the shins at a festival and then again at the Hard Rock in Vegas and it was cheap and Spoon came here for a small festival this summer and tickets were only 20 bucks for them too. only about 150 people at the show cause the venue was super intimate. and i just saw modest mouse and those tickets were 20 bucks. 26 after service charges but still.

i'm lucky ive gotten to see all of those bands (minus Jimmy Eat World) but the most ive paid is 20 bucks for tickets. I saw the shins at a festival and then again at the Hard Rock in Vegas and it was cheap and Spoon came here for a small festival this summer and tickets were only 20 bucks for them too. only about 150 people at the show cause the venue was super intimate. and i just saw modest mouse and those tickets were 20 bucks. 26 after service charges but still.

Yeah, I've seen a few of those bands too. I guess I was just more surprised that KROQ was putting on a show with more than 1 or 2 bands worth seeing.