PO: ROCKY VOTOLATO “True Devotion” LP

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

ROCKY VOTOLATO “True Devotion” LP

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/VCSN078CW

Rocky Votolato writes graceful, understated, unpretentious songs, demonstrating that simplicity is still a viable option for accomplished songwriters. His last two releases, Makers and The Brag and Cuss, found him exploring and paying homage to the folk and country music that shaped his early life in Texas (Alternative Press described the former as “the disc Ryan Adams keeps threatening to make but never quite delivers,” and Harp praised his “harmonies that would make Gram and Emmylou proud” on the latter). True Devotion, his new album, is a passionate, stripped down, and mostly acoustic reflection on moments from his current life; showing us where he is, where he has just come from, and where he’s going. Walking the line between autobiographical fact and fiction, True Devotion is deceptively simple, peppering impressionistic narratives with moments of lyrical wisdom that can knock the wind out of you. Features 12x12 16-page lyric booklet. Digital download included.

I've only listened to the album all the way through once, but I think this is gonna be on my top 10 for the year. Makers is by far my favorite, but I think that I am already digging this new album more than the Brag and Cuss which I liked a lot.

Vinyl History:

1st Press:

approx 500 Clear/White

approx 500 Blue/White

• 1 month later...
Guest Admin
any word?

they just showed up today. photos will be posted shortly. andy will begin printing labels too.

The booklet insert is pretty amazing within the lp jacket. Looks very nice.

Guest Admin
I got this as a birthday present for my wife. Her birthday was March 13, so I'm stoked this is on its way.

we should have had these sooner, but the plant ran out of clear vinyl of all things. better late than never right?

Preorders are now ruining marriages. When will the madness stop?

Yeah, my wife made some joke once about getting a divorce and getting half our stuff. I said, whatever, I'd just take the dogs and my records and leave. She's like "hey, some of those records are mine." I just stared at her with that "the fuck they are" look. You know the one.