Want your vinyl reviewed?

I work for a paper in Kansas City called the Pitch, and I've been trying to come up with a way to drive some traffic to the blog for which I write. Being as how a lot of the vinyl review sites are self-run, and have a tendency to focus on what might be called "niche" releases, as well as lacking regular updates, I figured a good way to get some hits would be to review new vinyl.

This is a subject about which I'm informed, so don't think you're going to get some asshat who's going to make bad puns and such. If you're interested in getting in on this, hit me up via PM, and I'll give you my e-mail and mailing addresses.

Here's the blog.

I also review vinyl, cassettes, CD:s on my webzine! 10 000+ readers a month which is alot since I write in swedish. Many readers get in touch to know more about the music, and I try to lift up more unknown artists in the spotlight with interviews etc. Most recent interview was with Tim Vantol who may be unknown at the moment but after the 2010 tour more people will definitely knwo this guy. Has played with Chuck Ragan and will do so again in march.

Want to send stuff to review or to give away in contests drop me a line at [email protected] and I'll give you an adress. :)

I've written for Mammoth Press for the last five years, I write for Rap Reviews.com, and am about to start my own site so I don't have to depend on someone else to put up contests. I also write for a few local weeklies. Anyone who wants a review hit me at john (at) the1stfive.com. Anything sent for the new site will be reviewed, and anything I was sent for Mammoth by people who sent me stuff because they knew me here will either be posted on Mammoth or my new thing, I'll ask before I post.

Also anything one person gives a negative review to on the new site will get a second review from another writer to give another perspective, though it isn't promised it'll be a positive one. Only exception will be when I'm sent demos that aren't formally released. But I'm going to try and do once a week mini reviews of demos I get sent. So hey at least we review demos!