Brand New 'YFW' on WHITE - anyone want it?

marxcus

There is a certain record that I have my eye on right now that I really want badly. Unfortunately, it is going to cost an insane amount of money. Like $700-800. I'm not happy paying this much for a record really, but I will do so if I can sell a small handful of records I'm not as bothered about and raise that cash... because then it would feel like a trade, and my bank account won't take a big hit.

For this reason, I am now considering selling my white vinyl copy of 'Your Favorite Weapon'.

[image]

I bought this thing from Revelation Records distro back when it came out in about 2002. Luckily for me, buying it new meant that I only paid like $10 or whatever for it. What's funny though is that nobody had heard of this band back then, and the only reason I bought it was because the description said it sounded a bit like Saves The Day, who I always kinda liked. I actually bought two copies of this LP, because Revelation had two limited colors of vinyl for sale - white vinyl and blue vinyl. After a year or so I decided I didn't need two copies so I sold the blue one. I kept the white one because I was told that white was the most limited color.

As far as I understand it, the pressing info for this record is as follows:

100 white vinyl

300 clear vinyl

300 blue vinyl

Plus an unknown number on black vinyl

So white is by far the rarest and hardest to find. And it seems it doesn't come up for sale very often. According to popsike, one hasn't sold on ebay for over a year. I don't know if this is correct or not since I don't ever search ebay for this thing.

Anyway, the reason I am posting this is to ask if anyone is interested in buying this. I'm not really keen to let this go, but I will do so if I get a good offer. The only reason I am considering selling is to help fund the purchase of another record. I want to try to avoid ebay if possible, because their fees are pretty high, but I will go to ebay if I don't get any realistic offers.

I've been collecting records since about 1992, and I have always looked after stuff. I can guarantee that this record has been played either once or not at all. Back in 2002 I was still using minidisc, and so I played either the blue vinyl or white vinyl copy once to record it onto minidisc. I never played either again. I have no idea which one I played, hence saying that this record has been played either once or not at all. But regardless, this record is in seriously MINT condition - it has been stored in a poly sleeve on a shelf since I bought it. The only way you could find a better condition copy of this record is if you found a sealed one. More photos can be provided on request.

Finally - the only reason I am thinking about letting this go is to raise money to buy myself another record. A clear vinyl copy of this record just sold on ebay for $450:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Your-Favorite-Weapon-CLEAR-300-deja-entendu_W0QQitemZ120539021620QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item1c10af8134

However, this copy didn't have the shrink wrap on with the sticker, which mine has. So I'm expecting a similar or better offer for my copy, which is in better condition and is actually rarer. If I don't get a similar offer then I will simply keep this record, it's no big deal.

Please get in touch if you are interested. But please do not waste your time or my time with a low ball offer.

Thanks!

Guest adam526

You're going to get a lot for it, but not from the regulars on this forum.

I sold my white copy for $500 last month. Ridic that someone would pay that much for a record, but I was more than happy to sell it to them.

What record are you after that's $700?

Where did you sell your copy? ebay?

I want a Youth Of Today 'Break Down the Walls' LP on Wishingwell Records on color vinyl. Curent market price these days is like $750ish. Could have bought one in 1996 for $90 but said no because I thought that was too much. Also could have bought one for about $300 in about 2003 but thought that was too much too. So now want to grab one before they're going for a grand.

Guest adam526

I want a Youth Of Today 'Break Down the Walls' LP on Wishingwell Records on color vinyl. Curent market price these days is like $750ish. Could have bought one in 1996 for $90 but said no because I thought that was too much. Also could have bought one for about $300 in about 2003 but thought that was too much too. So now want to grab one before they're going for a grand.

I posted it on the Brand New Livejournal page, google it. Someone made me an offer pretty quickly.

Good luck man

I posted it on the Brand New Livejournal page, google it. Someone made me an offer pretty quickly.

Good luck man

Hey, thanks for this. Could be just what I am looking for...

Such a good fucking record. I wish you luck on raising the funds for this!