The Menzingers "Chamberlain Waits"

To be released digitally on 4/6 and on CD 4/13. Do an LP later this Summer.

Maybe my favorite thing we've released. I keep referring to it as the "last great punk record" but the band wants me to knock that shit off. It's awesome though. Kinda/maybe feel like this is a good record to end the label on too. We'll still work with bands to some extent, but we're cashing in all our chips with these guys and I can't think of a more deserving album.

[image]

1. Who's Your Partner

2. I Was Born

3. Home Outgrown

4. Deep Sleep

5. Time Tables

6. Male Call

7. Tasker-Morris Station

8. So It Goes

9. No We Didn't

10. Rivalries

11. Come Here Often?

12. Chamberlain Waits

* I guess I should clarify a thing or two. I got quite a few emails and calls about me hinting on winding down the label in 2010. We're not exactly stopping operations, as we still have quite a few active bands, I just don't know about developing any new bands. We've done a good job with that shit in the past (TBR and Cobra Skulls, for example), but it's hard work that takes a long time. It's really discouraging to see more and more people be so flippant about DLing, and I can't really justify all this work and money for something that only a few people seem to value these days. People have no problem dropping hundreds if not thousands of dollars each year on the technology to PLAY music, but getting them to cough up 9 or 10 bucks that goes to the band/label/studio is another story.

I will probably make a statement about it soon if anyone cares. But 2010 is gonna be huge, this Menzingers LP is gonna be gangbusters, we have a new website, etc etc.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how the hell does toby have -810 karma? the weasel idiots?

can't wait for the new album. but i think you're taking the wrong approach if you're ending operations because of downloading. you need to embrace it. do something like post all your stuff at 128k mp3 as a preview or streaming on your site or something. a lot of people get discouraged by seeing an album has a couple hundred downloads, but i know a lot of stuff i download is to preview it. i've probably downloaded 15-20 of your albums, and bought 10-15 of them. the ones i didn't buy, i didn't like and probably listened to once and never again. same with Fat, i download every one of their albums, and order about 2/3 of them that i like. downloads are also a great way to promote unknown/smaller artists too. look at what Max Levine, AJJ, BTMI, and Defiance Ohio did towards the start and some still do.

and Bob and the Sagets were amazing.

how the hell does toby have -810 karma? the weasel idiots?

can't wait for the new album. but i think you're taking the wrong approach if you're ending operations because of downloading. you need to embrace it. do something like post all your stuff at 128k mp3 as a preview or streaming on your site or something. a lot of people get discouraged by seeing an album has a couple hundred downloads, but i know a lot of stuff i download is to preview it. i've probably downloaded 15-20 of your albums, and bought 10-15 of them. the ones i didn't buy, i didn't like and probably listened to once and never again. same with Fat, i download every one of their albums, and order about 2/3 of them that i like. downloads are also a great way to promote unknown/smaller artists too. look at what Max Levine, AJJ, BTMI, and Defiance Ohio did towards the start and some still do.

and Bob and the Sagets were amazing.

Yo Andrew, appreciate the kind words. Especially appreciate the support. I think we do a good job of giving people music to sample/stream for free. Pretty much all out releases are available to stream on Punknews. There's obviously MySpace too.

As for the karma, apparently there's a rival message board that "attacks" members of the VC board. It sounds like lots and lots of fun, but sadly, I don't actually know a single one of the people involved, so it's kinda weird and mystifying. They make websites, rally their e-buddies to harass people, etc. I guess guys like me and Virgil are special? Beats me...

Lastly (and most importantly!), I think I got this feeling of completion with Red Scare because this Menzingers record ended up so perfect. It's such a good record and we're doing such a good job getting them tours and exposure that I'm not really sure what to do after this. We're never gonna be a big label, and I feel pretty content with our contribution to the scene thus far. But the one thing people should take away from all this nonsense is that this new Menzingers LP is badass, and that's all ya need to know!

...we're doing such a good job getting them tours...

If it doesn't involve them coming to AZ, you could be doing a better job ;):P

Really excited for this record, though. One of my favorite active bands.

Yeah, they'll probably be in AZ 2 or 3 times before Summer is over. They'll be there in late April I believe? Maybe early May? Dates to be announced real soon.

So excited for this. Got the EP off itunes and seen em four times in the last couple years. Toby, are we gonna get another track before it comes out?

Yeah, probably 2 more. I think Alt Press is gonna premier a song this coming week? Shit is crazy busy with all that SXSW hullabaloo, so it's hard to sort out the press right now...

We'll also be doing a stream on Punknews too.

if you think it's better than Sitting Army, i'm sure i'll be blown away. that, Falcon stuff, and Dodge were by far my favorite stuff on your label and some of my favorite stuff of the last decade. kinda miss seeing the Menzingers every couple weeks though in eastern or western pa.

as soon as i sell some shit on here to get a little bit of money freed up, i'll be preordering on interpunk. hoping greg gets back to me soon with the w-b release show date so i can plan a roadtrip around it.

If it doesn't involve them coming to AZ, you could be doing a better job ;):P

Really excited for this record, though. One of my favorite active bands.

Yeah, they'll probably be in AZ 2 or 3 times before Summer is over. They'll be there in late April I believe? Maybe early May? Dates to be announced real soon.

Awesome. They were a lot of fun last summer.