Test Press?

I was looking at this on ebay and I noticed they have it listed as a Test Press but its numbered 98/165. I was wondering how they could get this many test pressings? I dont understand.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Doomriders-Black-Thunder-LP-TEST-PRESS-Converge-Cave-In_W0QQitemZ250605163712QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item3a593b54c0#ht_500wt_1006

Guest markovianprocess

You can print as many test pressings as you want.

It's Alive printed 50 test pressings for the debut House Boat album for instance.

I have this, and remember it being more of a limited pressing situation. They called it a test press, but I think Magic Bullet intentionally ordered a bunch of these to sell as a limited press. Either way it's a great record with cool, limited-edition packaging. I guess what I'm saying is I don't think they listened to all of these to make sure the record sounded good. They were manufactured for the express purpose of selling them as limited items.

I see where yall are going. Ive only pressed 2 records, so Im no expert, I just thought that the tests were pretty expensive. I guess its different if you make that many of them? Thanks for the responses though :)

well some plants aren't dicks about ordering extra test pressings and upping the regular rate for them...but some plants do charge like $3 each record...even though it's only black vinyl.

servo and cactusbot seem to think you're retarded. oh vlv.

servo posted this on March 31st, 2010 @ 2:17:07 pm

* http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46204&start=0 [vinylcollective.proboards.com] »

how can you make so many test presses?

cactusbot posted this on March 31st, 2010 @ 2:29:19 pm

* That dude even runs a "label". Unbelievable.