Press vs. Color

Couldn't care less at all. I will grab a cheaper used copy over a reissue and if the jacket has a hole in it or a corner cut that doesnt bother me at all. I don't even mind a few pops on the record, gives it character. I love when I see people go nuts for over priced reissues, if I want the record I will wait until it turns up somewhere for 5 bucks.

Couldn't care less at all. I will grab a cheaper used copy over a reissue and if the jacket has a hole in it or a corner cut that doesnt bother me at all. I don't even mind a few pops on the record, gives it character. I love when I see people go nuts for over priced reissues, if I want the record I will wait until it turns up somewhere for 5 bucks.

Spot on old boy. The one thing I prefer to avoid are records that loop/skip during playback...other than that, I am down for whatever (within reason).

Spot on old boy. The one thing I prefer to avoid are records that loop/skip during playback...other than that, I am down for whatever (within reason).

Some of my stuff does skip a bit so I am gonna start trying to fix it with a sewing needle and a papercone.

It apparently can work for smaller skips, I have a copy of Saturday Night Sunday Morning by the Viletones where the first track skips bad so I am gonna give it a shot because I am sick of having to drop the needle on the 2nd track when playing it.

Make a cone out of paper, tape the needle and a nickle to the small end of the cone, this will allow you to hear the record. If it is a skip forward, take the needle and VERY LIGHTLY apply pressure away from the center of the record, Do the opposite if it skips backwards, do this 4 or 5 times before listening to the record.

IF ANYONE IS PLANNING ON TRYING THIS I WOULD SUGGEST GOING TO A GOODWILL AND BUYING AN OLD LP OR 45 with some scratches on it to try it out first. Get good at what you are doing because I bet some confidence will help.

I typically like to order based on lowest press count per variant. If there are many colours or no difference in counts (ie: No Idea's Lifetime release of Jersey's Best Dancers and Hello Bastards) I just go for my favorite colour in line with the artwork.

However, if I miss out on the rarest and the colours don't align with the artwork, I'll pick up again my favorite colour in line with the artwork (ie: Animal Style's Thrice Identity Crisis, missed the /100 black & /200 white, so I ordered the /400 blue.)