Attn Virgil - RE In The Red Vol 1.5 Series

Agreed. But he isn't just asking. He's bitching and moaning about it, talking shit on Virgil and his label and being a bit dramatic about the whole thing.

If I were Virgil, I probably would be ignoring him too. I'd be much more likely to respond to someone who wasn't obviously such a huge asshole.

Seems to me this is a last resort after several attempts to contact via email/pm.

What's the problem with talking shit if Virgil took money and hasn't fulfilled his end of the bargain?

The only way Virgil would not have "fulfilled his end of the bargain" is if Virgil flat out says the last two 7"s are not coming out at all AND refused to refund any money owed.

as long as the 7"s eventually come out, regardless of the timeframe it takes to do so, he has fulfilled what was originally agreed upon when the order was placed.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if youre a paying customer, you have a right to ask. thats all that needs to be said.

Agreed. But he isn't just asking. He's bitching and moaning about it, talking shit on Virgil and his label and being a bit dramatic about the whole thing.

If I were Virgil, I probably would be ignoring him too. I'd be much more likely to respond to someone who wasn't obviously such a huge asshole.

The only shit talking on Virgil and his label ive done is just call him lazy really. Whoop di doo. How many times does he need to be asked politely? Im not the only one he has been ignoring. Im hardly bitching and moaning as far as im aware. Being a smartass i wouldn't argue with. Im just voicing my concerns on here so more people are aware of what's going on so it isn't ignored as easily. Like you said, it will either come out or a refund will be given, but so far neither of those is happening. I don't like handing my hard earned money, no matter how much it is, over to someone who is just going to use it for something other than its intended purposes.

Seems to me this is a last resort after several attempts to contact via email/pm.

What's the problem with talking shit if Virgil took money and hasn't fulfilled his end of the bargain?

The only way Virgil would not have "fulfilled his end of the bargain" is if Virgil flat out says the last two 7"s are not coming out at all AND refused to refund any money owed.

as long as the 7"s eventually come out, regardless of the timeframe it takes to do so, he has fulfilled what was originally agreed upon when the order was placed.

so if you preorder a record and it takes 8 1/2 yrs to come out, you're cool with that i assume? i fully realize it has NOT been 8 1/2 yrs, but its the same logic.

at what point does the wait for any item become unreasonably excessive? there has to be a threshold somewhere otherwise whats the point of A. a person preordering anything not knowing when it will come (hey, maybe in 5-10 yrs amirite?) and B. the seller ever holding up his end of the transaction ("don't worry guys, its coming. just hang tight")? i dont know what was said when the preordering was launched but based on the way they typically went, he would almost ALWAYS specify when he THOUGHT the records would be ready. i'd bet he did the same here and it was probably months and months ago.

end of day -- i dont really care what virgil does. i didnt order these record(s). but his actions speak louder than words. and up to this point, his actions suggest that A. these records dont exist and B. he doesnt know when they will exist. if youre a paying customer the person who put money in virgil's wallet, then you have a right to ask.

he SHOULD come on and explain otherwise.

ps. its a good thing we dont have to preorder our food from a grocery store ran by people who run some of these labels otherwise we'd all be fucked.

I have no horse in this race as I didn't order these records and stopped ordering from VC altogether once crap like this started.

If you want to argue for the sake of arguing, have at it. I believe this is an excessive amount of time to wait for records that someone paid for and I believe anyone who paid for these records has the right to hear what is taking so long.

I have many issues with this but the one that seems really present for me right now is this:

A few other records have been pressed since the money was taken for the ITR records. I know the money I paid for the subscription is long gone and was used to finance other seemingly more important and better selling records. I would simply like a real answer to when the records will be out or the money will be refunded.

Virgil stated in pretty clear words that this project wasn't a priority for him and it shows. VC has crumbled in the past year and this subscription was one of the casualties of poor business practices during a failing and strained economy.

so if you preorder a record and it takes 8 1/2 yrs to come out, you're cool with that i assume? i fully realize it has NOT been 8 1/2 yrs, but its the same logic.

at what point does the wait for any item become unreasonably excessive? there has to be a threshold somewhere otherwise whats the point of A. a person preordering anything not knowing when it will come (hey, maybe in 5-10 yrs amirite?) and B. the seller ever holding up his end of the transaction ("don't worry guys, its coming. just hang tight")? i dont know what was said when the preordering was launched but based on the way they typically went, he would almost ALWAYS specify when he THOUGHT the records would be ready. i'd bet he did the same here and it was probably months and months ago.

end of day -- i dont really care what virgil does. i didnt order these record(s). but his actions speak louder than words. and up to this point, his actions suggest that A. these records dont exist and B. he doesnt know when they will exist. if youre a paying customer the person who put money in virgil's wallet, then you have a right to ask.

he SHOULD come on and explain otherwise.

ps. its a good thing we dont have to preorder our food from a grocery store ran by people who run some of these labels otherwise we'd all be fucked.

Tue 3 Mar 2009

TP/PO: IN THE RED gVolume 1.5 7 subscription red vinyl (4 7s)

Posted by virgil under Contests, Preorders, Vinyl Collective

No Comments

IN THE RED gVolume 1.5 7 subscription red vinyl (4 7s)

After recording their debut album, gVolume 1, the guys had a great idea to record all of the songs from their first album unplugged. The songs were reinterpreted by Mike and Matt and instead of electric guitars, there are acoustic guitars and unlike what you might expect, Matt also plays drums. The songs sound incredible and we decided to offer the 7s as a subscription, 4 singles over 4 months. By purchasing this subscription, we will also send you a link to download the entire 8 songs as 320kbps mp3s. The links will be sent with the sending of the first 7.

The pressing info is out of an edition of 300 copies on Red vinyl.

There is a test pressing contest for those of you who pre-order this subscription. Stay tuned as we will be setting up a page for this release and will post 2 songs each week for streaming starting this week.

You will really be surprised by how incredible this turned out. I absolutely love how this turned out. Artwork by Sten and all the 7s look amazing.

and

Fri 6 Mar 2009

Stream the first IN THE RED Volume 1.5 7

Posted by virgil under Preorders, Streams, Vinyl Collective

No Comments

IN THE RED gVolume 1.5 7 subscription red vinyl (4 7s)

We announced the pre-order earlier this week, but we just put up the first of the 4 7s up for your streaming pleasure. We plan to post each of the 4 7s up for streaming every 2 weeks over the next month.

STREAM In the Red Volume 1.5.1 7

In The Red Volume 1.5 finds the band re-recording their debut album (Volume 1) unplugged. This will be released as 4 different 7s that you will receive each month starting early April. Only 300 copies on red vinyl are being pressed for this subscription. Purchasing this subscription will get you all a download code to download the entire 8 songs as mp3s.

I have no horse in this race as I didn't order these records and stopped ordering from VC altogether once crap like this started.

If you want to argue for the sake of arguing, have at it. I believe this is an excessive amount of time to wait for records that someone paid for and I believe anyone who paid for these records has the right to hear what is taking so long.

I agree with Hickey totally and xAdamHudsonx... to me you are talking outta your ass !!

Virgil took my money over a year ago and has since funded other records with it, i'm sure, and has not come up with the goods that my money was originally intended for so i believe if Virgil had any decancy he would come on here or e-mail people who paid for this suscription and let them know if it is ever gonna be finished or not , and if its not, refund us half the money.

Its obvious it didn't go to plan and sell as many subscriptions as he would've liked but shit happens and i don't see why we should lose out.

And all that bollocks about Virgil "fulfilling his end of the bargain however long it takes for the 7"s to come out" is not what i signed up for and is the biggest load of shite i've heard in ages !!!!

So how long do i wait Mr xAdamHudsonx ...5yrs....10yrs...15yrs....20yrs.... No thanks I'ld rather have my money back.

I agree with Hickey totally and xAdamHudsonx... to me you are talking outta your ass !!

Virgil took my money over a year ago and has since funded other records with it, i'm sure, and has not come up with the goods that my money was originally intended for so i believe if Virgil had any decancy he would come on here or e-mail people who paid for this suscription and let them know if it is ever gonna be finished or not , and if its not, refund us half the money.

Its obvious it didn't go to plan and sell as many subscriptions as he would've liked but shit happens and i don't see why we should lose out.

And all that bollocks about Virgil "fulfilling his end of the bargain however long it takes for the 7"s to come out" is not what i signed up for and is the biggest load of shite i've heard in ages !!!!

So how long do i wait Mr xAdamHudsonx ...5yrs....10yrs...15yrs....20yrs.... No thanks I'ld rather have my money back.

That's exactly what I am saying. If you didn't want to wait, email Andy and ask for your cash back. I'm sure they'd refund your $10 right away. No one has asked for that though, they're just crying about the timeframe. Boo-hoo.

That's exactly what I am saying. If you didn't want to wait, email Andy and ask for your cash back. I'm sure they'd refund your $10 right away. No one has asked for that though, they're just crying about the timeframe. Boo-hoo.

How do you know nobody has asked for a refund ??

We were promised by Virgil, and he promised me personally that we would have both of the last two singles by the beginning of the new year and it hasn't happened, we are now nearly half way through another year !!!

I'm not stupid and i know Virgil reads all the shit on this forum, so he knows that its been said many times about either get the records out or refund us.....its that simple !

and the cost has nothing to do with it , if it was $1 or $1000 i'ld still want my money back if the goods are never gonna get delivered.

So you might think we are crying over nothing...but its not nothing to me !

I still would be happy if Virgil says "records come next winter!" here we go, fine with me. I want these records.......BUT getting no answer at all is not very..... reliable.... sorry, I was really a friend of suburban, I love the records, and I really bought a lot....but this, is not the way to handle the situation....

im gonna chime in and say this... the last vc order I made was missing my black anvil LP, this was during the big sale they did, i got no email about it, waited about a month before it shipped ( the tracking info didnt change until I sent an email 3 weeks after I got it) and all the emails ive sent about it have gone unanswered

ive literally given vc/suburban home 1000s in business, vc was practically the only distro I used or a long time

their customer service used to be the best but towards the end it went to pure shit, I honestly think VC (virgil) has given up any hope on trying to make things good,

these dudes definitely have the right to be pissed off and feel betrayed, I know I do, if I didnt dig the bands on suburban home so much I would give up on ordering anything from them, but its not the bands fault they were represented poorly

I don't think it's the $$s that matter it's the principle of the thing. You order 4 7"s that are supposed to come out over 4 months you shouldn't have to wait a year for them. Whether they are a dollar each or 100, it's not the point.

I used to spend a lot of cash in the VC store, but after a small issue with an order that was NEVER sorted, I decided not to bother any more - any store who don't reply to emails about orders deserve to be boycotted. No wonder VC has gone down the pan - if they'd paid attention those hand that feeds instead of trying to become walmart they might have continued to succeed. A series of misappropriated business ventures was there downfall.

As it happens I now use distros in the UK as it's cheaper for me postage wise, but I would've continued with VC had they continued to be reliable.

I had an absolute nightmare of a time with Virgin Dickheadson years ago, have never ordered from VC, and never will. Sorry to boycott the thread, but regarding the guy from the UK that just posted, a friend of mine here in Cardiff just started a really cool little mailorder. It might be right up your street :

http://brassneckrecords.bigcartel.com/

Sorry to boycott the thread, but regarding the guy from the UK that just posted, a friend of mine here in Cardiff just started a really cool little mailorder. It might be right up your street :

Thanks for the props Dave.....

On a more topical note, the one time I did order from VC (over 18 months ago) it went off without a hitch. This wasn't for pre-orders though and all the negative press here does kind of make me want to stay away. Actually, no, I will stay away. Which is a shame. Oh well!

Sorry to boycott the thread, but regarding the guy from the UK that just posted, a friend of mine here in Cardiff just started a really cool little mailorder. It might be right up your street :

Thanks for the props Dave.....

On a more topical note, the one time I did order from VC (over 18 months ago) it went off without a hitch. This wasn't for pre-orders though and all the negative press here does kind of make me want to stay away. Actually, no, I will stay away. Which is a shame. Oh well!

you don't need to stay away anymore...everything distro-wise is referred to Interpunk.