How do you organize your collection?

:) Mine:

Alpha by decades:

50's/60's/70's

80's

90's/current

Alpha soundtracks

Alpha classical

Alpha single named artists (Herb Alpert, Dean Martin etc)

Alpha singles

Cat. No. Grand Royal

Cat. No. Wax Trax!

Chronological Beastie Boys

10"/7" & 45's aren't organized :(

(Box sets were but are no longer their own category)

Guest scriptedrain

1. By band, alphabetically...

2. ...then by release, chronologically.*

3. Compilations and other various artists go at the end.

* The album's original release date, not necessarily its press date. For example, my 2007 pressing of "Tell All Your Friends" goes before my 2005 pressing of "Where You Want to Be."

- Jeff

* The album's original release date, not necessarily its press date. For example, my 2007 pressing of "Tell All Your Friends" goes before my 2005 pressing of "Where You Want to Be."

- Jeff

But only because my idea to do it by band alphabetically then album alphabetically got vetoed!

Guest scriptedrain

- Jeff

But only because my idea to do it by band alphabetically then album alphabetically got vetoed!

Haha, pwned. ;)

- Jeff

Guest scriptedrain

Does anyone else organize their CDs in their CD books? Talk about a pain in the ass. Luckily I don't buy CDs anymore, but whenever I get one randomly (See: MCS and White Stripes 3-pack preorders), I have to rearrange every one that's alphabetically past it.

- Jeff

Does anyone else organize their CDs in their CD books? Talk about a pain in the ass. Luckily I don't buy CDs anymore, but whenever I get one randomly (See: MCS and White Stripes 3-pack preorders), I have to rearrange every one that's alphabetically past it.

- Jeff

i used to do that a long long time ago when i only had like 100 cds now i just keep them all in chrono/split/va order in my room in their cases

Guest scriptedrain

- Jeff

i used to do that a long long time ago when i only had like 100 cds now i just keep them all in chrono/split/va order in my room in their cases

I would do cases but I'm an idiot and threw away all my CD cases in December 2005, so anything I bought before that is gone.

- Jeff

- Jeff

Yeah, I did the alpha by artist then chrono album and boy did that suck just like you described. Well that and I bought enough CDs I filled a 320+ book and then some. Not good times.

• 2 years later...