Show and Tell - Stephen Abbots Vinyl Wedding Items

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

Groom's cake (Fucking awesome nod to the Descendents)

[image]

Wedding Favor Bowls (how stoked would you be to take this home, sure beats the hell out of most of the favors I have received)

[image]

Pretty sweet Menu for the Wedding

Longtime supporter, Stephen Abbots from the UK, recently sent me these photos of items from his wedding. First of all, Congratulations buddy. I hope everything went perfectly. And I hope losing your virginity was all that you had hoped it would be (just kidding, or maybe I'm not). I have to say that if these photos are any indication of the time spent on making the wedding awesome, I have not doubt everything was amazing.

While I did not get Stephen's approval to post this in the first of what will hopefully be a long running series of posts called "Show and Tell", I figured he would give me his blessing. I would want the world to see the end results of all the hard work. My idea for future show and tell's is send us some photos and tell us a story. Do you have a complete Get Up Kids' vinyl collection? Send us the photos and tell us a little bit about your collection. Take a photo of you with your most expensive record in your collection and tell us a bit about it. I will from time to time ask for more focused "Show and Tell"'s but you get the idea.

Here is what Stephen had to say about the photos:

My wedding is this Saturday and I thought you might dig some of the record related stuff I've managed to fit into it. Attached are pictures of the menus and wedding favour bowls made out of cheap second hand 7"s and also there's a pic of my grooms cake parodying one of my favourite albums (I understand a grooms cake is a tradition in some parts of America, we don't normally have them in the UK but I read about them and thought why not, more cake is always a plus).

Guest Admin
My weddings gone A List!

while most of us don't read Glamour (I'm pretty certain Servo or GoogleMyAss frequents their message boards to annoy even more people), the magazine is absolutely huge.

Hope you have an amazing wedding buddy.