anyone into country?

I know they might not be around anymore but THE WEARY BOYS were fuckin' awesome, along with RED VOLKEarT (merle haggard's guitarist) and also plays with Heybale (with earl, johnny cash's pianist).

The Weary Boys aren't together anymore, but Mario Matteoli (vocals, guitar) is doing his own thing and it's soooo good. Check that out here: http://www.myspace.com/mariomatteoli

Other than that, check out Guy Clark dammit!! The early stuff is absolutely brilliant!

Well that's what i meant. hence the "were fuckin' awesome". i think putting "might" was a bit confusing now that i look at it.

and yeah mario is pretty good. I have seen him several times over the course of the last year or so. he never lets me down. i still wish the weary boys were around though. Those dudes kicked ass live. Always a lot of fun. i have their 1st 2 cd's still. haven't bought mario's stuff though.

Lenny from Darkbuster released a CD with his other band, Lenny and the Piss Poor Boys, too bad it never made it on vinyl, such an amazing album, it sounds like it was recorded decades ago. Really good stuff...............

One of my favorite albums of all time, regardless of how new it is. It sucks the drummer died as well, as I will never get another chance to see them (according to what Lenny says anyhow). Lets just hope this makes its way onto vinyl; I think i remember Virgil talking on the Suburban Home page years ago about trying to put it out, but who knows at this point.

Lenny has been doing a few solo shows and he mentioned he was gonna put something out on SH, but I never heard anything after. He play's my friend's shop from time to time.........

The Weary Boys aren't together anymore, but Mario Matteoli (vocals, guitar) is doing his own thing and it's soooo good. Check that out here: http://www.myspace.com/mariomatteoli

Other than that, check out Guy Clark dammit!! The early stuff is absolutely brilliant!

Well that's what i meant. hence the "were fuckin' awesome". i think putting "might" was a bit confusing now that i look at it.

and yeah mario is pretty good. I have seen him several times over the course of the last year or so. he never lets me down. i still wish the weary boys were around though. Those dudes kicked ass live. Always a lot of fun. i have their 1st 2 cd's still. haven't bought mario's stuff though.

I miss them too. Too bad there's nothing on vinyl, or is there? Don't think so.. I'd love to have Mario's first album on vinyl, I fucking love that record. Someone should put his stuff out on wax.

Living in Kansas, every thrift store has a ton of great country albums for a song. I've picked up Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, George Jones, Waylon Jennings, Conway Twitty, Patsy Cline, Buck Owens, Eddie Arnold, Ray Price, Ernest Tubb, et al, and I've never paid more than a buck or two.

We're big country fans, though - in the past year and a half, we've seen George Jones, Merle Haggard, and Willie Nelson. We were going to see Glen Campbell next, too - but the show got moved from July 11 to the weekend of Riot Fest, and I've already bought my plane ticket.

If anybody is looking for specific artist recommendations, let me know. I should be able to point you in the right direction.

Lenny from Darkbuster released a CD with his other band, Lenny and the Piss Poor Boys, too bad it never made it on vinyl, such an amazing album, it sounds like it was recorded decades ago. Really good stuff...............

One of my favorite albums of all time, regardless of how new it is. It sucks the drummer died as well, as I will never get another chance to see them (according to what Lenny says anyhow). Lets just hope this makes its way onto vinyl; I think i remember Virgil talking on the Suburban Home page years ago about trying to put it out, but who knows at this point.

Turns out Lenny will have a 7 inch out in September I think, Pete from the Souls is producing it, I heard. It's not gonna be on SH though............