PO Bad Religion - The Dissent Of Man

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad Religions new LP up at Kings road....Only black up right now, but I would assume a color should be popping up soon. BUT OCTOBER 12th !?!?!?!? Pre orders are stretching further and further out!

http://www.kingsroadmerch.com/epitaph-records/?id=19

yeah because you know, Epitaph needs the money in advance to press a record...lulz

September 28th is the release date. We will most likely have vinyl on or before release date to ship out. But we've been burned a few times with pressing irregularities, so we've given ourselves a two week window just in case. We've definitely had vinyl get fucked up and backed up on us and it sucks to have to email people after the fact. So...if vinyl comes in and you get it on or before street date, then you'll be happy. If it was the other way around you'd hate us.

Bad Religions new LP up at Kings road....Only black up right now, but I would assume a color should be popping up soon. BUT OCTOBER 12th !?!?!?!? Pre orders are stretching further and further out!

http://www.kingsroadmerch.com/epitaph-records/?id=19

yeah because you know, Epitaph needs the money in advance to press a record...lulz

Not to dwell on the fact, but the only record where we'd pre-order to fund production beforehand is Osker-Idle Will Kill. Our main accountant will kick in $100 personally.

September 28th is the release date. We will most likely have vinyl on or before release date to ship out. But we've been burned a few times with pressing irregularities, so we've given ourselves a two week window just in case. We've definitely had vinyl get fucked up and backed up on us and it sucks to have to email people after the fact. So...if vinyl comes in and you get it on or before street date, then you'll be happy. If it was the other way around you'd hate us.

agreed...this is why I don't do pre-orders until the records show up. the one time I had a record delayed after I put up a pre--order went bad on me was the last time.

Not to dwell on the fact, but the only record where we'd pre-order to fund production beforehand is Osker-Idle Will Kill. Our main accountant will kick in $100 personally.

Is this getting pressed, because Brett wouldn't let the coop do it.

agreed...this is why I don't do pre-orders until the records show up. the one time I had a record delayed after I put up a pre--order went bad on me was the last time.

We've got some crazy amounts of titles being repressed right now that will be launched IN(to) THE UNKNOWN future, but we need to give ourselves that potential "fuck up" window to accomodate. If people don't like it, they can order in a month. We also have a lot of BR & label news coming in the next month and we didn't want to wait for this.

Partayy, need to turn on the Converge shit now.

well people would buy this record if you put it out. fuck, just do a kickstarter fund-raiser if the big man is so paranoid about potentially losing out on a $1,800 investment(or less).

Epitaph sells records at $12.99 or so...at that cost, it'd take 139 copies to recoup base expenses of the pressing, not accounting for yours/other employees time.

If your accountant pitched in $100, that would drop to 131 copies.

If you licensed the record to a smaller label Epitaph could get 10-15% of the pressing and have $0 investment and $974.25 for 15% of 500 records(75 copies at $12.99 each). I'm not a huge fan of that band/record, but people would jump, kick, scream and streak down their block naked at the chance to press that record.

where can I order the color versions?!!?!?!? can't find them!

Wrong.

The colored versions are on the front page. There is a less limited blue version we will launch shortly (going to reg retail, Europe, etc) but you can get all 3 versions. Given BR's fanbase and size, I'd expect the rarest versions to be gone in a few weeks.

http://kingsroadmerch.com/bad-religion/

In the LP book bundle says vinyl is LTD 3000, But for record alone 1000?

- Orange of 1000 (typo)- the mailing list got first crack at it.

- Blue of 2000 (coming soon but in the 3 LP bundle-figured all collectors & first bundles would want the Orange and not the blue)

Estimate that we have European offices and European Kings Road, some vinyl copies set aside for some promotions & the band, that really is like a 700/1700 breakdown when all is said and done.