PO: BEN FOLDS + NICK HORNBY "Lonely Avenue" LP

[image]

http://www.nonesuch.com/albums/lonely-avenue

Excerpted from the bio:

"Folds envisioned Lonely Avenue as an album on the technical as well as conceptual level, approaching everything like an old-school LP, recording in analog to two-inch tape and mastering at Abbey Road Studio with vinyl in mind as the preferred format."

$22 for the LP/CD combo. Kinda pricey, but this collaboration sounds rad and Nonesuch always does a great job on packaging.

I've been looking forward to this album for awhile. Is it weird that I'm expecting it to be totally mellow (a la Silverman)? I haven't listened to any of the songs or heard any previews yet, so I might sound really stupid saying that.
I'm expecting the same, especially since it's written by Hornsby.

I've been looking forward to this album for awhile. Is it weird that I'm expecting it to be totally mellow (a la Silverman)? I haven't listened to any of the songs or heard any previews yet, so I might sound really stupid saying that.
I'm expecting the same, especially since it's written by Hornsby.

Either way, I'm super anxious to see the results.

Did anyone catch him on his recent solo tour? I was finally able to hear The Last Polka (I don't even know if he plays that live with Jared and Sam) and Such Great Heights live. We also got to hear him play a bit of Jesus Christ Superstar. Then me and lydiawesome ran into him at the diner he was eating at after the show. That was a fun night.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...