Karl: Any news about John K Samson's preorder?

Yessir. City Route 85 is now all sold out. Provincial Road 222 will be up after we move to a new warehouse on 9/14. We're also working on another shirt to match this because, to our surprise, the last ones were so damn popular. I'm not aware of colors, but I'm guessing 500 white/1000 black like City Route was to keep the series consistent.

Thanks for all the info. That sounds great. The shirt from the last one was pretty cool. That's an interesting idea, to keep the colours consistent - even the cover, with just a change in title? A book bag would be functional for the 3rd release, something different rather than another shirt.

You should talk up a solo tour for him, I saw him open for the constantines in Hamilton, Ontario last year - just him and a guitar (and what appeared to be a tape deck) it takes the songs to a whole new poetic level. I have a feeling a novel is in his (distant-ish) future, maybe then the Pulitzer people will take notice.

This is from ChartAttack today, gives the tracklisting, one of the song titles is wrong though, I'm pretty sure "The Last And" is actually "The Last &" or "The Last Ampersand" - he's been playing it live on his solo tour.

The Riverton Rifle (a.k.a. Reggie Leach) may not have played professionally in over 26 years, but he's still an important figure to some people. Now he'll be immortalized in his very own sort-of folk song thanks to The Weakerthans' John K. Samson.

Samson creates a picture of life in Manitoba on his new Provincial Road 222 solo EP. "Petition" details the ongoing efforts of citizens from Riverton, which Provincial Road 222 runs through, to get Leach inducted into the Hockey Hall Of Fame.

Leach is an Aboriginal Canadian and played for the Philadelphia Flyers from 1974 to 1982. He also played with the Boston Bruins and the Detroit Red Wings before ending his career in 1984.

Leach is currently an Honoured Member of the Manitoba Hockey Hall Of Fame, but despite his prolific career, he has yet to be inducted into the Hockey Hall Of Fame in Toronto.

Provincial Road 222 features two other tracks, "The Last And" and "Stop Error." It's part of ongoing recordings that explore roads and highways in Samson's home province of Manitoba. The EP will available on seven-inch vinyl and digital download on Sept. 21.

You can sign the petition to make Reggie Leach an official part of the Hockey Hall Of Fame here.

You can also see Samson with The Weakerthans, playing their entire discography at these shows:

Dec. 15 Winnipeg, MB @ The Royal Albert Arms (Fallow)

Dec. 16 Winnipeg, MB @ West End Cultural Centre (Left & Leaving)

Dec. 17 Winnipeg, MB @ The Pyramid Cabaret (Reconstruction Site)

Dec. 18 Winnipeg, MB @ Burton Cummings Theatre (Reunion Tour)