PO: Bad Books (MO + KDev) UPDATED

according to facebook they are considering making the extra 100 red as well so that would increase the number pressed. Kinda annoying really. They said it was to make sure that all preorders are the one colour and cant be bought any other way. But it means for those who managed to snag copies initially now have a less limited copy. Im not overly fussed, but i do i think it just suggests that whoever is planning it isnt that experiences with vinyl. Shouldnt really say its limited to x number then when it sells out just make more that are indistinguishable from the first bunch

I think they're just being smart about the whole thing, yeah maybe they announced a number originally but the music shouldn't be about the number of copies made it should be about the music. Maybe when they first announced it the number was low, and they realized a bunch more people would like to hear the album, so they're making more available. I'm sure they're just being smart financially about it seeing as they probably want to make a little bit of money off the album that they created they didn't want the number to be too high because then they'd b sitting on a pile of records no one will buy, or make the number too low and then miss out on the chance to sell just enough records to all of their fans.

according to facebook they are considering making the extra 100 red as well so that would increase the number pressed. Kinda annoying really. They said it was to make sure that all preorders are the one colour and cant be bought any other way. But it means for those who managed to snag copies initially now have a less limited copy. Im not overly fussed, but i do i think it just suggests that whoever is planning it isnt that experiences with vinyl. Shouldnt really say its limited to x number then when it sells out just make more that are indistinguishable from the first bunch

I think they're just being smart about the whole thing, yeah maybe they announced a number originally but the music shouldn't be about the number of copies made it should be about the music. Maybe when they first announced it the number was low, and they realized a bunch more people would like to hear the album, so they're making more available. I'm sure they're just being smart financially about it seeing as they probably want to make a little bit of money off the album that they created they didn't want the number to be too high because then they'd b sitting on a pile of records no one will buy, or make the number too low and then miss out on the chance to sell just enough records to all of their fans.

i get it, and i think its awesome for them. I have actually spent a bit of time with kevin devine on his trips to Australia as i worked for the company that tours him and he is a great guy, so i love to see him succeed. I just think that they should have added another colour or something, or never given a number then there wouldnt be a problem. I was grumpy the other day about something else so i got more riled up about it then i should have. But I still think that if they had this intention they should never have said 250. Im stoked for them about the sales though, dont get me wrong about that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I think he meant cocky....Which I would be too, if I were badass.

He also dipped on stage (Skoal) I thought that even made him more badass.

Marshall...Yes we had a fivesome...Lauren, Gabe, Pat, Dan and I. Wish you were there ;)

Here's a pic of the Bad Books LP. (Translucent Orange)

[image][/quote. I didn't get this through the site, I got it at the show in Baltimore.