PO: Bad Books (MO + KDev) UPDATED

saw them in Boston this weekend and was thoroughly underwhelmed. given that Right Away, Great Captain was on the bill, i went expecting to hear some RAGC tunes (fancy that!). imagine my surprise when he didn't play A SINGLE RAGC SONG in the set. very disappointing. i was so annoyed at Andy (and the terrible crowd) that i couldnt get into Bad Books and didn't stay long. boo.

though they couldn't be more different in terms of dickishness. Oh well.
PLEASE explain this everyone keeps pointing this out but won't elaborate on it a bit.

Dan Jones said Andy was cocky, not KD...KD is probably the most legit one to be honest. In my opinion I would be cocky too if I were a badass vocal/guitarist.

I would never call KD a dick!

Since seeing Manchester forever ago when they were just a weeee little band, yes they've become more popular blah blah blah, but Andy has gradually grown an ego that can be seen on stage.

I was used to the Andy when he showed my friends and me photos of his fiancee, and pics of he and KD when they shaved their heads haha...then took a pic of my buddy's sleeve and sent it to Vinny of Brand New. That was nice as hell.

As for him playing RAGC, yeah, that won't ever happen. The first time he 'toured' as RAGC he didn't even play the songs, just awesome song he wrote to his fiancee at the time, and then did acoustic MO songs which was rad. At this past show, he mentioned not remembering how to play most of his songs, so I yelled out "LIKE LIONS DO!" -- he responded with "Nope, I only know the beginning, so yep, not playing"

Also at this show, he said "Does anyone wanna hear a cover?" and I jokingly yelled "Fresh Prince!" because at some show he and KD started playing that for shits and giggles, but instead of laughing, he said, "We've written more songs since then, in case you didn't know"

Bad Books should re-title themselves as "MO featuring KD on a couple tracks"

Everything from Track 4 on is great IMO, the first three tracks... eh. Excited to see Kevin and Andy in December, though they couldn't be more different in terms of dickishness. Oh well.

the they is what led me to believe both were getting the dick stamp

Oh, I see now. Well, KD is still as genuine as ever, and so is Chris Freeman (who I mentioned in the earlier post).

I emailed support for Favorite Gentlemen about the vinyl pre-orders and here is their response,

"Orders are still in the process of shipping. You will be sent an updated receipt once your order has shipped and should receive your order before the 11/9 physical release date as planned. Thanks."

I think Dan Jones also, email or whatever KD about their vinyl as well.

Anyone else get the email this morning talking about the delay? (or 2 emails if you ordered the limited edition hallowed book package).

Seems they sold 4x the amount they were expecting, and the vinyl didn't show up until last week.

Hopefully everything gets shipped out this week.

I've only listened through the album once briefly, because I've been waiting for the vinyl.

Anyone else get the email this morning talking about the delay? (or 2 emails if you ordered the limited edition hallowed book package).

Seems they sold 4x the amount they were expecting, and the vinyl didn't show up until last week.

Hopefully everything gets shipped out this week.

I've only listened through the album once briefly, because I've been waiting for the vinyl.

I got it. Limited edition is now out of 74.