Radiohead's "Kid A" Discussion

I like Radiohead better when they play instruments. Kid A is amazing, don't get me wrong, but I enjoyed Ok Computer much more. However, "Idioteque" from the I Might Be Wrong recordings is one of the best live renditions of any song I have ever heard. Seriously, listen to it now if you have it.

I like Radiohead better when they play instruments. Kid A is amazing, don't get me wrong, but I enjoyed Ok Computer much more. However, "Idioteque" from the I Might Be Wrong recordings is one of the best live renditions of any song I have ever heard. Seriously, listen to it now if you have it.

I have to agree, I think OK Computer is their best record to date, however the more I listen to the later albums the more I like them. I didnt really like In Rainbows the first time I heard it but now that I bought it on vinyl I have listened to it several times and it is amazing. They are trully a band that deserves the praise they recieve.

dude, that version kicks ass. the bar I used to work at had I might be wrong in the jukebox and it used to blow my mind every time I heard that version.

unreal.

Unreal is exactly right. There's just something about the way Thom is singing with the crowd. Especially during the line "This is really happeningg". Haha anyways...

I love In Rainbows and it sounds great on vinyl. I don't think I listened to the second half of the album until I bought it. The MP3's didn't do it for me.

Maybe I just need to give Kid A a few more listens before it completly makes sense to me.

i too will put it on right now. i haven't listened to it in a dog's age.

i do remember, however, suspecting when "amnesiac" came out that "kid a" was only constructed and released to make "amnesiac" more palatable. but if that's the case, they fucked up because "kid a" is cool as hell.

done: one of the prettiest closing tracks ever. more songs should have harp in them.

in summation, this album is a total trip. as much as i like it, which is a lot, i can barely connect it to radiohead in my mind. it's like REM's "up"; an amazing step outside of what you're used to, but it just doesn't quit gel (at the time). it fits better now with the subsequent albums, but it's still probably my least-listened to radiohead lp.