the great mac vs pc debate!

I use a pc that I built specifically for gaming. Macs are nice, but too expensive and I like the customization options when building a pc.

It's time for me to upgrade my RAM, but I'll have to go 64bit to do so, and I'm nervous about that. I'm fine with hardware installation, but changing to 64bit seems like a pain in the ass...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a pc that I built specifically for gaming. Macs are nice, but too expensive and I like the customization options when building a pc.

It's time for me to upgrade my RAM, but I'll have to go 64bit to do so, and I'm nervous about that. I'm fine with hardware installation, but changing to 64bit seems like a pain in the ass...

Going over 4 GB of RAM? What are you doing on this PC anyways? :P

You won't have a problem with 64 bit drivers now. When the tech was in it's infancy, it was a little difficult to find 64 bit drivers for some things, but a huge number of people are running 64 bit OS these days.

i just want a new desktop. and yes, iphoto sucks.. and i have been using macs exclusively since 1998. as Scott said. Apple's getting lazy on the os apps.

ps. does anyone have cs5 yet for mac? PM me. I have a few questions.

You didnt get the memo Apple makes itoys instead of computers now