Against Me! interview: Captain America & Thor suck

Patron did a really great job with this Against Me! interview. Goes into everything from why they can't play "Burn" to Andrew's feelings on being a touring father to why the Captain America and Thor movies are going to suck. And my rebuttal to Andrew's thoughts on Captain America. I'm so happy I got to publish this interview.

http://www.the1stfive.com/features/against-me-interview-2010/

Know what super hero is boring as shit? Superman. "I can do anything you can imagine, isn't that awesome?!" No, it's boring. Your one weakness is stupid.

I think that's why the only hero I was ever really attracted to was Batman, because he's a normal dude with only one power: being badass. Ok, two powers: being badass, and being rich.

I think that's why the only hero I was ever really attracted to was Batman, because he's a normal dude with only one power: being badass. Ok, two powers: being badass, and being rich.

I was a Punisher fan for the same reason(s).

Edit: I just read the interview and noticed the Punisher reference at the bottom...so rad!

Know what super hero is boring as shit? Superman. "I can do anything you can imagine, isn't that awesome?!" No, it's boring. Your one weakness is stupid.

Superman is freaking amazing. He has to live in a world that basically made of cardboard, limiting himself on how much power and strength he can use, the man could break someone's arm with a high five. He is a god who decides to live with citizens and defends the world with blind ambition.

If you ever wanted give Superman a chance, I'd check out "All Star Superman"...it made me stop disliking the dude.

Superman is freaking amazing. He has to live in a world that basically made of cardboard, limiting himself on how much power and strength he can use, the man could break someone's arm with a high five. He is a god who decides to live with citizens and defends the world with blind ambition.

If you ever wanted give Superman a chance, I'd check out "All Star Superman"...it made me stop disliking the dude.

All Star Superman is backed hard. Amazing book there.

So Superman is limited by Kryptonite and the fact that he's too powerful so he'll destroy things? That still sounds boring.

I can't get too far from reality before I start seeing things as really dumb. While no one is going to dress like a bat and jump around fighting crime, someone COULD do that. No one can fly, stop bullets, race trains, see through shit, punch holes in anything he feels like, lift everything, etc. I know lots of people like Superman, so I don't want to offend him, I just feel like he isn't for me at all.

So Superman is limited by Kryptonite and the fact that he's too powerful so he'll destroy things? That still sounds boring.

I can't get too far from reality before I start seeing things as really dumb. While no one is going to dress like a bat and jump around fighting crime, someone COULD do that. No one can fly, stop bullets, race trains, see through shit, punch holes in anything he feels like, lift everything, etc. I know lots of people like Superman, so I don't want to offend him, I just feel like he isn't for me at all.

Superman is tough but he's not unbeatable. The best stories about Superman are the human stories. Red Son, Death of Superman, All Star Superman, etc etc. That kind of power would be isolating, but more importantly it would put everyone you ever loved and knew at risk. Top serious check out All Star Superman and you'll be stoked.

On facebook the only app I have is a bookshelf thing that keeps track of what I say I'm reading. Before the semester started I was reading a few Batman graphic novels. I made a comment on someone's anti-NYC mosque post, and someone came in and went "go back to reading your comic books, little boy".