Christie Front Drive...

oakland

Crestfallen were one of my favorite bands in the mid 90's. I will be getting a bunch of their LPs for vinyl collective soon and recommend it for any fans of Jawbreaker, Lifetime, and maybe older Samiam. Great stuff.

I used to book shows for Christie Front Drive in 95/96 and used to have them on bills with Jimmy Eat World, Kerosene 454, Boys Life, and more. I was not into emo back then as I was punk rock and pop punk only then. But now I like them quite a bit and thought they played incredibly well.

For those that don't know, Capital were trying to court CFD and the band said they were about to break up, but that they should contact their friends, Jimmy Eat World, the rest as they say is history.

I have the self-titled LPand everything on CD. So damn good. Here's a semi-interesting story for you:

When I lived in Nashville for a short time in '02-03, I was walking out of a music store (instruments) and this guy stopped me to inquire about something I had been talking to the people in the store about selling. He noticed I had a Texas Is The Reason button on my jacket, and said, "oh cool, my old band used to play shows with those guys." So I asked what his band was called, thinking I may have possibly heard of them, and he said, "Christie Front Drive." I immediately freaked out a little bit on the inside, and held my hand out to shake his. I asked him what he played in the band, and he said, "I played bass. My name's Kerry McDonald." I told him I was a huge fan, etc etc. and we started talking about music, and I was telling him about my band moving there. He told me he had a studio in his house and was looking for bands to record (analog) for super cheap, so we kept in contact and ended up recording a 4-song demo with him. He owns the 1/4" Otari tape machine that Neutral Milk Hotel recorded The Aeroplane... on. It was an awesome time.

Crestfallen were one of my favorite bands in the mid 90's. I will be getting a bunch of their LPs for vinyl collective soon and recommend it for any fans of Jawbreaker, Lifetime, and maybe older Samiam. Great stuff.

I used to book shows for Christie Front Drive in 95/96 and used to have them on bills with Jimmy Eat World, Kerosene 454, Boys Life, and more. I was not into emo back then as I was punk rock and pop punk only then. But now I like them quite a bit and thought they played incredibly well.

For those that don't know, Capital were trying to court CFD and the band said they were about to break up, but that they should contact their friends, Jimmy Eat World, the rest as they say is history.

nice oral history.i will waiting for your upcoming instock CFD's vinyl....

:D

really? i have "streaks of terror" is this a different band, or did they just change their sound?