when you're in the concert

I can tell if they're being kept behind an enjoyment wall because I was there at one point, and still am at times.

An "enjoyment wall"?

You're explaining a whole bunch of shit I don't care about. I'm not against people having fun at shows in their own way, whether that's jumping around like a lunatic or just standing and watching. What I'd really like to know is how you can tell the difference between the latter and someone who is stuck behind an "enjoyment wall." I've seen a lot of big dudes jumping all over small girls, putting their arms around people who are obviously just trying to enjoy the show, and people being unwillingly pushed into pits. It's frustrating for me if I'm on stage and I have to watch people's good time being ruined by people who I'm sure have the best intentions.

I'm not trying to be a dick (it comes naturally). You seem like a fun guy.

I'm explaining a bunch of shit I don't even care about haha -- we have that in common!

I can see exactly what you're talking about, and that's cool. I got defensive once you had taken one sentence and began a list of judgments, but it's twhatever. I hate those dudes that rape innocent people -- I'm just there for singing and dancing... Sometimes rancing if it's raping and dancing at the same time

it depends on the genre

If only you could fly to Baltimore, MD tuesday night (9/21) and see Murder by Death with me, because that shit's going to be amazing!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on the band, but I'm starting to think it's not a good idea to be in the middle of the pit these days. I'll venture in for a few good shows, but for whatever reason, I HATE when people just jump up and down like a pogo stick near me. I'm not sure why, but it seriously bugs me.

Generally if I'm down there, I'm "the good guy". I tend to always be half-aware of the people around me, and jump over to help when people go down or make space for someone who learned they didn't want to be in the middle of anything that they got themselves into. For a band I really, really like that's rowdy enough, I like getting in on the pig-pile fights for the microphone.

But mostly these days I stand off to the side/back where I can just watch. I also like getting vantage points of the idiots swinging their fists around and ninja kicking the air.

im usually too drunk to remember how I handle myself at live performances... Bigger shows im usually somewhere dormant singing along with my notorious show finger... smaller shows usually somewhat participating, singing along

the amount of drunkness I am plays a huge roleq