BlackBerry Playbook

seems like it will compete with the ipad,

i feel the namebrand will be one of the major aspects when people look at tablets, i could see a small company coming out with a real nice idea but noone buying it cause its not apple/blackberry/toshiba etc.

but i do like the name of this product, i feel that it fits it well. dont have to much to explain about why i like it but upon first glance seems like it could catch on

Guest markovianprocess

Not playbook.

This.

All things considered, "playbook" is a pretty shitty name.

It sort of sounds like something a child would use in kindergarten.

It has flash capabilities, so its already better than anything apple has ever done..

Not to mention 2 cameras...

Do you rely on Flash that much? I'm an iPad owner and I haven't really missed Flash that. I have 3 other computers in the house, so it's not a big problem for me if I do need it. But I don't think Flash is a make or break point on a tablet.

I'd rather have longer battery life than have to deal w/ the clunky 'ol Flash. Not to mention, having no Flash ads on the web is a great thing when you can't install an Adblocker.

I looked a little into the Playbook, it has no cost right now so it's hard to say what's better. I think the iPad is a good deal at $500, it could stand to be a little lower, but that's a decent price point if you ask me.

The main selling points of these tablet devices without "full" operating systems is going to the the web browser and the apps. Safari mobile isn't perfect, but browsing the web on it is fantastic and there are countless apps and tons more being developed. I don't know how Blackberry's app store looks or how it will look, but Apple is the front runner here.