Ultimate Fakebook

So we at Rocket Heart Records have been working on getting all the Ultimate Fakebook albums printed on vinyl!!! We have their first album "Electric Kissing Parties" ready to go, now it's a matter of funding..... We have started up a Kickstarter program: http://kck.st/9C1yzh

I know EVERYBODY who is interested in this has been asking for "Laughing Week," Which we REALLY wanna do, but there is a lot of red tape w/ Epic Records, so if this can go over well, then we will work on sorting through the red tape w/ Epic.

Any who, the pressing, it will be a small run only 500, 400 black, 100 red. We will also be throwing in stickers and posters into the packets. Also we have up a few test pressings if anybody is interested. In case you missed the link here it is again: http://kck.st/9C1yzh

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if this was almost any other band (excepting a few old locals that have never had much/any vinyl), i probably wouldn't have hesitated to pass on the test pressing option, but UFB are bad to the bone, and i want to see this thing get pressed, though i prefer TWBLW. still need to get the dead girls lp, though.

is the time at which this goes to press set to coincide at all with the band's weekend warrior tour dates this winter?

years back i randomly had these guys in my music folder. i think a friend downloaded it. either way, i dug what i heard but i don't think this is the same album.. :|

it was probably this will be laughing week, which is probably their best, even though my fav songs from that album were originally featured on this ("far, far away"). like they said above, if this one sells okay then they will have a good offer for epic to get TWBLW pressed, and then maybe (?) the other albums after that.

hey rocket heart: were you in contact with dude who ran noisome records to get this pressed? someone needs to press the bubble boys' "bitter is better," or the creature comforts' "politics of pop" - or podstar. or ruskabank. or truck stop love.

Yeah, we have been talking w/ Jeff (noisome), he laughed and suggested we release everything. Him and Colby (co-owner) of Rocket Heart used to work at the Lazer doing the local music show.

Thanks everybody for the support thus far!!! We r working on hitting up punknews.org, pitchfork.com, and the like. Thanks again!!!

Yeah, we have been talking w/ Jeff (noisome), he laughed and suggested we release everything. Him and Colby (co-owner) of Rocket Heart used to work at the Lazer doing the local music show.

Thanks everybody for the support thus far!!! We r working on hitting up punknews.org, pitchfork.com, and the like. Thanks again!!!

man, if you guys were actually serious about releasing some old noisome releases on vinyl, i'd probably be willing to chip in some money to help it get released. oh oh oh. danger bob's le pop shoppe totally needs to be released on vinyl, and it's a shame that it hasn't been at this point. but then i can name a metric ton of kc/larry bands with full-lengths that never made it to vinyl when they should have. revolvers, cher u.k., kosher, tanka ray, main street saints, stick, outhouse, go kart, psychoviolets (not the teen trash deal, but their actual full-length), and so many others. kc rules. the rest of the music world can fornicate themselves.

man, if you guys were actually serious about releasing some old noisome releases on vinyl, i'd probably be willing to chip in some money to help it get released. oh oh oh. danger bob's le pop shoppe totally needs to be released on vinyl, and it's a shame that it hasn't been at this point. but then i can name a metric ton of kc/larry bands with full-lengths that never made it to vinyl when they should have. revolvers, cher u.k., kosher, tanka ray, main street saints, stick, outhouse, go kart, psychoviolets (not the teen trash deal, but their actual full-length), and so many others. kc rules. the rest of the music world can fornicate themselves.

It would be fun to start doing some of the old Noisome stuff, Jeff had a good ear!! So far this is a test of what we could do in the future, if all goes well who knows what else we could start pressing....

Also thanks for everybody that has helped thus far!! Keep em coming!!!

We want to open up more test presses, only thing is they are all spoken for, three was all we could round up from the 10 that are getting pressed.

As for if this does not go through, I'm not sure, maybe try again in a few months, after they do their string of shows in December. Maybe then they can get some more steam. We are wanting to get get enough $$ to press the album, that way they can be sold at the shows as well..... If any of you guys want to do ANYTHING to help w/ promo, shoot me an email at taylor at rocketheartrecords dot com