New Chris Wollard and the Ship Thieves 7"

[image]

We've got a new 7" from Chris Wollard and the Ship Thieves coming out for Fest this year. The record will feature two brand new songs recorded just weeks ago with Ryan Williams in his new studio Black Bear here in Gainesville. The A side is a motown inspired rocker titled, "Anybody Else" while the B side is a shimmering and slightly haunting acoustic track titled, "Left to Lose". The record will first go on sale at the Fest Flea Market during FEST 9 in Gainesville on Friday October 29th. The pressing is limited to 500 copies on white vinyl. Hand numbered in screen-printed covers. These two songs will only be available in vinyl format.

"Left to Lose" can now be streamed here:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Chris-Wollard-The-Ship-Thieves-OFFICIAL/108813349145950?v=box_3

www.soundstudyrecordings.com

Is the Fest version gonna be different?.

This is the Fest version and the only version. 500 on white. We maaay do another 500 on a different color post Fest if there are a lot of folks that want a copy but can't grab this one. I can tell you though that there won't be more than 1,000 of these total.

Also the LATA mp3s on your site don't work.

Yeah, sorry. We are in the process of updating that and adding some new tracks. Hopefully soon!

I will be getting this(I hope). Any news on live from the atlantic?

Volume four is currently in the mixing stage, it will be a split LP. Official announcements are a couple months off, but the bands on this may or may not rhyme with Doliseum and Churning Dove. It may also be really awesome.

Matt, same as above...I'm not going to the fest but I collect Chris...any chance I can still get one on white??

If we don't sell all of them at Fest we will put the remaining ones up for sale in our webstore and you guys will be the first to know. Or... If you know someone going to Fest have them grab you one at the flea market.

Volume four is currently in the mixing stage, it will be a split LP. Official announcements are a couple months off, but the bands on this may or may not rhyme with Doliseum and Churning Dove. It may also be really awesome.

Fuck. That is going to rule. That tour was so good.

incredible

this is totally weak.. i love sound study and chris and what not, but no offense but doing this fest only shit is sooo lame. not everyone can make it to florida. and i'd hate to sound like a whiny little kid, but shit man... this kind of stuff kinda sucks... i am sure i am not the only one who feels this way... those who can't make it to the fest are going to have to pay more than they need to, to get this record on ebay... the worst of it is, that neither sound study or chris profits from that flip... just sayin'

real talk.

this is totally weak.. i love sound study and chris and what not, but no offense but doing this fest only shit is sooo lame. not everyone can make it to florida. and i'd hate to sound like a whiny little kid, but shit man... this kind of stuff kinda sucks... i am sure i am not the only one who feels this way... those who can't make it to the fest are going to have to pay more than they need to, to get this record on ebay... the worst of it is, that neither sound study or chris profits from that flip... just sayin'

real talk.

Well, like I said... if these don't all get sold at Fest we will make the leftovers available in our webstore. If there seems to be a lot of people beyond that who couldn't get this version and would like one, we plan to press another 500 on a different color.

I do however think that having certain records or variations of records be limited is, at least for me, a lot of what makes record collecting fun. There are certainly show exclusive records that I wanted but couldn't get, and that can be a bummer but that's also what makes it a special thing for the people who are able to get a copy.

You could also apply this logic to anyone who puts out a record with limited colors. Not everyone who wants it can get it and unfortunately is drives up the price for some people willing to pay ebay prices (and your right neither artist or label will see any of that money). It does however make the record special for the people that were able to get it. Which, in my opinion, is the reason that it was done that way in the first place.

@matt... fair enough.. i hate to be a complainer.. but it just sucks when you collect records and you can't get them cuz you have to fly to florida to get them. i get it. its neat to get something special at a show or something like that. but this happens every year and every year i miss out on records or have to pay more than i should have to on a record from an artist that i enjoy listening too. its just kind of a bummer. and, no offense, but its not the same with the limited colors. cuz i dont necessarily care about the color or how limited it is. but when you say you're gonna do 500 and thats it ( _maybe_ more ) and only sell them at the fest, that sucks. thats all i am saying...

yeah if you are for sure going to do 1000 and sell them on your site then i'll shut up... i just want to get the tunes on vinyl. digital sucks balls...

but please keep putting out records. everything you guys have put out has been rad. and thanks for doing it. seriously...