Vinyl record persuasive speech

Guest markovianprocess
Hey guy, I'm doing a persuasive speech on why vinyl records sound better than mp3s and I'm having a hard time finding some credible sites to use as sources. If you guys could point me in the right direction that would be awesome, thanks.

I'm too lazy to find the sources for you, but the Journals - Popular Music, and the Journal of Popular Music Studies should have something in there.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1524-2226.2005.00032.x/abstract

www.scholar.google.com - this will only give you reliable sources (or at least ones which are official enough!)

If you can, find out if there are any sound recording courses running nearby, as you could e-mail the tutors and ask for recommendations on books/journals on sound comparisons over different mediums. I do this when I'm working on projects, and I usually do get a response.

Right off the bat mp3's are compressed, which directly results in loss of audio quality.

Mastering plays a big roll.

Just go in detail on the loudness wars, brick-walled CD mastering, compression, different dynamic ranges from both analog and digital formats. There are countless articles on the net about this, but I'm too lazy to search.