Brett Detar , outlaw country badass?

No, not quite. Has anyone heard his attempt at making an "Americana" record? I'm going to be nice, but let's just say hearing a dude who used to swagger around on stage like he was in O Town ,double as a J Crew model, and wear a headset microphone sing "I got the cocaine, whiskey , and heroin blues" in a faux country accent is a bit challenging to accept as authentic.

Seems like every frontman as of late is running around with his peashooter out pretending to be something he's not.

Exhibit A: http://www.myspace.com/tumbledowncountry

Holy color enhanced tats, Batman! I saw them a couple weeks ago, and it was definitely enjoyable. Much easier to get into than Detar's stuff.

Exactly! I went to the Juliana Theory reunion show but wish I hadn't. Brett seemed like such a tool and the crowd clearly cared a whole lot more about Emotion is Dead than the band did. Brett would even make comments like, "I honestly don't remember the lyrics to this..." as if he was way too awesome to take any of his old songs seriously. Anybody else go the one of those shows and get that vibe?

Seems like every frontman as of late is running around with his peashooter out pretending to be something he's not.

Exhibit A: http://www.myspace.com/tumbledowncountry

Dear lord, that guy. I dunno, maybe I'm a freakin' snob, but crap like this sounds so contrived it is barely listenable. Ah well.

Happy Thanksgiving !

Exactly! I went to the Juliana Theory reunion show but wish I hadn't. Brett seemed like such a tool and the crowd clearly cared a whole lot more about Emotion is Dead than the band did. Brett would even make comments like, "I honestly don't remember the lyrics to this..." as if he was way too awesome to take any of his old songs seriously. Anybody else go the one of those shows and get that vibe?

Ben from Lucero couldn't remember the words to "Sixteen" from Nobody's Darlings, but I think it was because he was drunk.