VC/United Record Pressing Appreciation

So on October 18 I placed my first order ever to press my bands first 7". Up to that point I had heard lots of mixed reviews concerning their turn around times and what not. I was quite nervous considering are release date for these is December 18. Yet they promised they'd have the records done before then. The other week we got our test presses and approved them which was fucking awesome.

Today I drove to URP to pick up all 300 records not even two weeks after test presses had been approved.

I know 300 isn't a lot compared to 2,000. But the point to all this is that I was pretty fucking nervous going through the process of putting out a record. Hoping everything would fall in line with the amount of time we had given ourselves. Without Vinyl Collective's "How to press a record thread" and URP being on top of their game this most likely would have been way harder.

So all in all, thanks!

[image]

woot! glad you weren't burned by URP...I would love to be able to drive over to the plant and pick up pressings. gah!

Yeah that was a huge plus I felt like. Have they screwed you before? As I said I've heard really mixed things about them.

100 black, 200 yellow, 25 test pressings (for record release and close friends), 300 poly bags was just over $900 with no shipping since I picked them up.

I'm really not sure if thats a good price or not. But this being my first time and having URP 45 min away to where I could actually walk in and talk to people I felt a little safer. I'd like to do Rainbo or Pirate Press sooner or later.